News From SA

zeppelin

pǝƃuɐq ǝq ɹo ƃuɐq
Jun 8, 2004
Johannesburg - South Africa
Ticket sales opened today for Metallica, which will be touring South Africa, along with Soul Asylum and Seether starting in Cape Town on the 25th of March!:hotjump:
Don't get me wrong here, I also feel betrayed as a former die hard Metallica fan, but this is the first time in their whole career (and probably the last) that they'll be touring SA. There's no way in hell that I'm gonna miss that.
I mean surely they'll play some of their older material and bands I actually like come around this way very rarely, if ever. Soul Asylum is not that bad either imo, weird combination though.

JonnyD said:
Thats awsome! glad to see they are making it down your way!!! How the fuck are you Zeppy? havnt seen you around much was beginning to wonder...

I'm just excellent man, moved from Richards Bay to Johannesburg started a new job, new house, new people and not much time for anything else. I've been neglecting the forum, I know, I'm still in the process of sorting out phonelines and stuff, all in good time.

Soul Asylum is ok for what there genre is. But Im sorry you have to sit through Seether they are Nu-Metal's version of The Dave Matthews Band IMO. But what I've heard from my pals who went to the Metallica show here
in Indianapolis in 2004 is that they played a ton of there older material that show should be interesting Robert is a bass playing monster I loved his playing
when he was in Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Groovies!

zeppelin said:
I'm just excellent man, moved from Richards Bay to Johannesburg started a new job, new house, new people and not much time for anything else. I've been neglecting the forum, I know, I'm still in the process of sorting out phonelines and stuff, all in good time.

Awsome man. I ws wondering about you when I saw first your post in the LZ thread.

So now into the capitol (or at least one of them)? Most excellent, and congrats about the job and the house. Hope you be settled totally soon.

And about Metallica, go for it. First it's a once in a lifetime opportunity living there and second they play mostly classic material as far as I've seen their setlists in the recent past. Enjoy! :wave:

zeppelin said:
Thanks Wyvern, Hawk I'll try and catch you on Sunday on slsk if you guys still go there.

Deal! (but I'll not be awake very early I hope :lol: )