News Of The World Pt 2

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
STRATOVARIUS: Elements Pt 1 - special edition

The Finnish power metal band will release their new album ELEMENTS Part 1 on January 27th (February 10th in USA)after 3 years in hiatus.

For Europe, the band will release a Special Edition of ELEMENTS Pt 1 limited to 2500 copies .

This Special Edition features the following:
1 x Sticker (front = cover elements 1 / back = european tour dates)
1 x Merchinlaycard

CD1
1. Eagleheart
2. Soul of a Vagabond
3. Find your own Voice
4. Fantasia
5. Learning to Fly
6. Papillon
7. Stratofortress
8. Elements
9. Drop in the Ocean

CD2
1. Eagleheart (demoversion)
2. Soul of a Vagabond (demoversion)
3. Find your own Voice (demoversion)
4. Fantasia (demoversion)
5. Learning to Fly (demoversion)
6. Papillon (demoversion)
7. Stratofortress (demoversion)
8. Elements (demoversion)
9. Drop in the Ocean (demoversion)
10. Run Away (singleversion)

The band will start the Elements Tour in March:

19th Oulu, Finland Urheilutalo
20th Ilmajoki, Finland Ilmajokihalli
21st Tampere, Finland Pakkahuone
22nd Helsinki, Finland Kulttuuritalo
25th Stockholm, Sweden Arenan
26th Oslo, Norway Rockefellers [www]
27th Gothenborg, Sweden Karen
29th Tilburg, Netherlands 013 [www]
30th Antwerpen, Belgium Hof Ter Loo [www]
31st London, UK Electric Ballroom [www]

April

1st Cologne, Germany E-Werk [www]
4th Barcelona, Spain Pavellon Val Hebron
5th San Sebastian, Spain Polideportivo Anoeta
7th Porto, Portugal Hard Club
8th Madrid, Spain La Rivera
10th Pratteln, Switzerland Z7 [www]
11th Pratteln, Switzerland Z7 [www]
12th Milan, Italy Mazda Palace [www]
16th Hamburg, Germany Dock's [www]
17th Langen, Germany Stadthalle [www]
19th Paris, France Zenith [www]
20th Filderstadt, Germany Filharmonie [www]
21st Nürnberg, Germany Löwensaal [www]
24th Vienna, Austria Planet Music
25th Budapest, Hungary Petofi Hall [www]
26th Zilina, Slovakia Borik

May

02th Moscow, Russia USZ "Druzhba", Luzhniki
04th Athens, Greece Rhodon Club
31st Fukuoka, Japan Drum Be-1

June

01st Hiroshima, Japan Club Quattro
03st Osaka, Japan Club Quattro
04th Nagoya, Japan Bottom Line
06th Matsumoto, Japan Alex
07th Tokyo, Japan Liquid Room
08th Tokyo, Japan Liquid Room

August

1st - 2nd Germany Wacken Open Air 2003

-----------------------------------------------------------------

FALCONER - Vocalist Departs

Guitarist/founder Stefan Weinerhall, informed BW&BK that vocalist Mathias Blad has left the band. Clashes over his schedule led to Blad's departure. "Falconer wants to give live activity a serious try, taking all chances we can get. The schedule for Mathias´ musicals didn´t make that possible. The choices were to either continue with him, and thereby maybe not being able to tour after the next album, or get a new singer, losing a trademark of the band, but being able to take the opportunities when they arose. 'Seize the day,' as they say. There are no hard feelings between us, we just have different priorities. Mathias wants to do what he has worked and striven for, for years. The rest of Falconer wants to experience something new and different. Mathias is not 100% out of the picture, as there are plans for him to appear, as backing vocalist, on future recordings."

"The new vocalist is called Kristoffer Göbel, also in the band DESTINY. He is not a Mathias wannabe, possessing his own style, which gives the band a chance to evolve. Also new in the band are the former session musicians: Anders Johansson (guitar) and Peder Johansson (Bass). They have played in Falconer for a year now, so why not take them in as real members?"

"The new album is to be recorded in May, at Los Angered studio once again. It will be a concept album, but fear not dear fans, it will not be one of those weird, hard to listen to concept albums. The music remains as it was before, just with one lyrical story throughout the album. After the release of the new album Falconer will finally do a proper tour in Europe."

"With Mathias now out of the picture, some of you might think the originality of Falconer is gone. We see Kristoffer as a fresh wind. They are both great singers, but different. Falconer thanks Mathias for the time in the band and wishes him the best of luck in the future with his career."

A new day has begun.............

----------------------------------------------------------------------

QUEENSRYCHE - Bonus Materials

More than 20 years on from the release of QUEENSRYCHE’s self-titled debut EP, EMI is reissuing the disc and the six albums that followed; The Warning, Rage For Order, Operation: Mindcrime, Empire, Promised Land and Hear In The Now Frontier. Each of the releases has been repackaged with bonus tracks, unreleased photos, memorabilia and liner notes by lead vocalist Geoff Tate and Paul Suter (who wrote the first demo review in Kerrang!, which eventually was responsible for getting the band signed).

The first phase of the promotion begins with the April 8th re-release of Queensryche, The Warning, Rage For Order and Operation: Mindcrime, followed by the May 6th re-releases of Empire, Promised Land and Hear In The Now Frontier. These albums cover the first 14 years of

Queensryche’s career.

Bonus materials on the reissues will include: Queensryche - 50 extra minutes of bonus material pulled from 1985’s Live In Tokyo video/laserdisc, including ‘Deliverance’ and ‘Child Of Fire’; The Warning - ‘Take Hold Of The Flame’ (live), ‘Prophecy’ and ‘The Lady Wore Black’ (live); Rage For Order - ‘The Killing Words’ (live), ‘Walk In The Shadows’ (live), ‘Gonna Get Close To You’ (12” mix) and ‘I Dream In Infra Red’ (acoustic remix); Operation: Mindcrime - ‘The Mission’ (live) and ‘My Empty Room (live); Empire - ‘Last Time In Paris’, Dirty Lil’ Secret’ and ‘Scarborough Fair’ (SIMON & GARFUNKEL cover); Promised Land - ‘Real World’ (studio version), ‘Real World’ (live), ‘Someone Else’ (live) and ‘Damaged’ (live); Hear In The Now Frontier - ‘Chasing Blue Sky’, ‘The Killing Words’ (MTV Unplugged), ‘I Will Remember’ (MTV Unplugged) and ‘Silent Lucidity’ (MTV Unplugged).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTENTION DIO FANS...

Spitfire Records are looking for photos of you with Dio, and or his band, to include in their upcoming DIO DVD. Please fill out the Consent Form and mail it in today! Thanks. The link is below

http://www.spitfirerecords.com/DioConsent.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------

OVERKILL - "Kill Box 13" finally revealed

OVERKILL have set a March 25 release date through Spitfire Records for their new CD, "Kill Box 13".

The complete track listing for "Kill Box 13" is as follows:

01. Devil By The Tail
02. Damned
03. No Lights
04. The One
05. Crystal Clear
06. The Sound Of Dying
07. Until I Die
08. Struck Down
09. Unholy
10. I Rise

Check out the album cover art:
http://www.spitfirerecords.com/images/OKill-KBox13.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

KREATOR's update on Live CD/DVD

KREATOR guitarist/vocalist Mille Petrozza has posted the following update via the band's official web site:

"Dear friends, fans and suporters,

we courently spend a lot of time in the Studio with Andy Sneap, listening to, and mixing the material we´ve recorded on the last tour.
Most of the songs came out great, well maybe some mistakes here and there, but hey - it´s a live record isn´t it ? This week I´ll enter the editing room to start working on some Korean footage. The Sao Paolo material looks amazing, and the 5.1 mix will give you the impression of beeing right there watching the show. Other than that we´ll start editing some ancient home video footage for a detailed history part that will contain interviews, live sequences and private archive meaterial from 85 to 03.
We often get mails from you lately, asking about the release date of the CD/DVD. I think I cannot answer that question right now, but let me tell you this much : It will take as long until both works can live up to the quality standarts that we thing are necesarry for a release. There is no " good enoughs" - it has to be perfekt ! So be patient , and I can promise you that you will definatelly not be disapointed ! I think Mai or June would be realistic for a release right now.....

Other than that our Moscow show on March 29th just got confirmed. Another U.S tour is in the making for September.

Greetings from Essen / Germany to all of you,
Mille Petrozza "

---------------------------------------------------------------------

JUDAS PRIEST: 'Live In London' US release delayed

The U.S. release date for JUDAS PRIEST's "Live In London" double CD has been set for April 8 — a full three months following its European release. "Needless to say we are not happy about the US label not releasing until April and I am trying to bring this forward," writes JUDAS PRIEST Management Coordinator Jayne Andrews on the band's official web site.

"As soon as I have any different information I will let you all know!" "Live In London" was recorded during the group's appearance at the London Brixton Academy on December 19th, 2001 and includes tracks not found on the DVD release of the same name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------