Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkie

twillight child
Sep 27, 2001
Border Of Reality
Taken from the official Finntroll page:

R.I.P. Teemu 'Somnium' Raimoranta

"Our dear friend and guitarplayer passed away on sunday morning. This is a extremely heavy blow for us and everyone who ever knew this man. We hope that fans and the public won´t speculate, more information will be available when things calm down."

Our condolences to his family and friends...

Tad Morose will entering the Studio Soundcreation on April 12th, 2003 to record the next album, no title yet, and it will be mixed end of May in the Studio Fredman in Gothenburg.

They will also record the song "Hail and Kill" by Manowar for a tribute album.

From the Lefay gang:

Lefay has parted ways with bassist Micke Åsentorp, due to difference of opinions basically. Replacement for him is Fredrik Lundberg (Fantasmagoria, Divine Sin, Incarnated...). We hope to get started on some new material soon, it's a matter of time as we all need to work and most of us out of town, but we will try to work something out. Thanx for hanging there!
Cheerz!!! /Robin, Lefay

From Shawn Drover:

Dimension Infinite, featuring vocalist Nils K. Rue, bassist Steinar Krokmo (PAGAN'S MIND) guitarist Glen Drover, drummer Shawn Drover (EIDOLON) will begin recording material for their debut record in September 2003. Shawn Drover gives more info......"Glen called me raving about this band - Pagan's Mind - commenting on their stellar musicianship and killer singer, then proceeded to play some of their record over the phone. As soon as I heard Nils, the wheel's starting turning right away about doing a project with him and Steinar. Glen contacted Nils via e-mail explaining our ideas for a new metal project - Nils was positive and receptive right off the bat - we all seem to be on the same page as far as musical direction for this record - real dark, moody and heavy, but still melodic - this wont be a prog-metal record or a rip-off Eidolon record - I see no point in doing that, really, though of course it will have subtle elements of both bands, I suppose. We will start tracking drums and guitars this September, in Toronto, at Eclipse Recording (owned by Glen Drover) then fly the tracks to NORWAY for Nils and Steinar to lay down bass, vocals, etc. We are looking for Andy Larocque (King Diamond) to master the record, to have it released sometime in early/mid 2004. We are very excited about this band and hope the metal masses will embrace this record when it is unleashed in 2004!!!!!! "

Evergrey's new CD "Recreation Day" was released March 17th (18th in the States), and it's getting great response already worldwide.

Michael Håkansson: "There is a lot of interest in the album and the band, we've done over 300 interviews already and the pre-sales are already as high as the sales of our last album In Search Of Truth! We don't have a big tour coming up this spring, but we will be doing acoustic shows in France and Sweden as a part of two smaller promotiontours and several gigs in Holland, Belgium and Germany. We'll also be at some festivals and hopefully we can do a tour like the one we want to do after the summer. We decided to wait until the "right" tour comes up that will bring us a step forward"

On my question how his injuries from last January's tram incident in Gothenburg were healing, he assured us he's doing fine and the neck's just a little stiff sometimes still. "We're ready to get out on the road and play for all of you again! See you soon!"

We'll be there, Micke!"

www.metalblade.de

BRAINSTORM to record new album
Germanys supreme Power Metal band BRAINSTORM has entered the House of Music studios in Winterbach/Germany to record the follow up to their extremely successful „Metus Mortis“ release of 2001. Scheduled for the 30th of June, “Soul Temptation” will be their “most diverse album ever…“ guitarist Torsten Ihlenfeld quotes. “Hard, catchy, powerful and maybe the biggest step for all of us. As we see it…the right step at the right time”. Among the titles tentatively set to appear on the CD are the following: “Highs without lows”, “The Leading”, “Nunca nos rendimos”, “Doorway to survive” and “To the head”.

The first pressing of “Soul Temptation” will be released as a double-Digi-pack including the new CD (plus bonus track) and a special DVD, featuring the final show of their “Metus Mortis in Europe” tour at the Summer Breeze Festival (Germany). Additionally the DVD will include tons of bonus material!

BRAINSTORM will hit the road again to support SAXON on three shows in the beginning of April and also for the BLIND GUARDIAN OPEN AIR and the BANG YOUR HEAD FESTIVAL. Besides that, the band is also working on the “TEMPTING EUROPE” - tour in the fall of 2003. More to come soon!

last update: show Kassel 04/07 cancelled!
still on:
04/03 Kaufbeuren
04/04 Salzburg

for further newsupdates check our website, just click on any of the banners in the sig or at the top of the page.
Let's discuss this and any other metal news on this forum, we need to bring more life to it! :hotjump:

I think we can delete this thread soon, girls?

I'll take the sticky off :p
So we won't loose the posts and it stays as a historical part in the forum, little memory of the times we started ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.