NGD Ibanez 2127X Content

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Jun 11, 2009
N.S.W. Australia
I don't even know what to write here, I'm still in the NGD haze where it might still be a dream and I wake up sad and NGD-less. Nevertheless, dream or no dream this arrive at my door while I was shovelling mi goreng noodles into my face, as is the style.

Of course that was several hours ago and I've been playing/tinkering with it all afternoon (there was an auspicious moment this afternoon when I went to adjust the string height, caused totally by my own stupidity and forgetfulness, but we won't go into it). It is absolute beautiful and I can't thank Steve enough. It has instantly replaced my universe as my main guitar and I can't wait to take it rehearsal tomorrow night and gig with it on Saturday night.

Anyway without further teasing here are a couple of pics, I'll try to get some pictures of it in more natural lighting in a few days. For now though wet your pron whistles with these.

Ibanez RG2127X refinish/dyed fretboard/nailbombs.

P1010238.jpg

Those cushions are fairly new, despite the extreme Brady Bunch design on the covers.

P1010240.jpg

Who's a pretty boy then? :oops:

After dinner it's getting the tremol-no treatment and I'll be noodling myself to sleep with the piezos, they sound like a big warm hug.

Ridiculously sexy Nic - I assume that's a mahogany body? (it better be :D) How are those pickups? And who's Steve? :D

Oh whoops I meant to take out references to Steve (he's the guy I got it off, a moderator over at sevenstring.org.

It is most definitely a mahogany body and the pickups are bare knuckle nailbombs which are getting swapped out on sunday.

Now I'm going to make this face. :oops:

Oh whoops I meant to take out references to Steve (he's the guy I got it off, a moderator over at sevenstring.org.

It is most definitely a mahogany body and the pickups are bare knuckle nailbombs which are getting swapped out on sunday.

Now I'm going to make this face. :oops:

Interested in selling them? After a set. PM me if ya do.
Edit: mi goreng in a 5 pack, $2.63 at Coles, STOCK UP!

I used to eat heaps of mi goreng but I am aware of how bad they are for you so I stopped.

I'll stick to eating enormous quantities of red meat instead.

Nice Guitar! Congrats!:headbang:
It took me almost 2 years to get one. :)
I swapped out the stock bridge PU for an Evo7. IMO it fits really good.

Swapped out for what?

BKP Miracle Man in the bridge and the BKP Cold sweat from the neck of my Universe.

So do you not believe the hype around BKPs then :D

I love 2027/2127s. If I could only have one 7 string it'd probably be one of those. Nice guitar!

Seeing as I'm basically stuck in passive land (passive sized blackouts look shitty direct mount IMO) I'm prepared to go through a fair few pickups to find something really good. I like the nailbomb in the bridge of my universe but I don't think it's right for this. If I decide I don't like the BKPs at all thus far I'll probably check out some Dimarzios (Evo7/AN7/D-Sonic 7/Blaze Custom). It's hard to find a tried and true passive pickup for death metal, so beyond that I dunnos.

I wouldn't a mind a link to a thread about the refin/dye job, if'n there's one.:)

There wasn't one. The guy (S7eve at ss.org) did it all in secret, he was planning to do a big announcement thingy about it but then decided to trade it to me for my 2 Loomis FRs.

Interested in selling them? After a set. PM me if ya do.
Edit: mi goreng in a 5 pack, $2.63 at Coles, STOCK UP!

I'll give it some thought.

I bought a 5 pack of original and a 5 pack of satay on Monday. :lol:

I ate 3 consecutive meals of mi gorengs at one point this week. The sad part is I did it because I love them, not because I'm poor. :lol:

Nice Guitar! Congrats!:headbang:
It took me almost 2 years to get one. :)
I swapped out the stock bridge PU for an Evo7. IMO it fits really good.

This totally fell in my lap. I made a thread on SS.org putting my 2 Loomis sigs up for trade and nobody bit so I was like "Ok I'll just sell them and see what I can get for my 2 g's" then out of nowhere the dude was like "I may have something special for you, gimme a couple weeks".

Didn't hear from him for ages and figured it was a no go. Then out of the blue he's like "How about this?" and gave me the scoop on it. Needless to say I was on that shit. I love it to pieces, the neck is a bit thicker than standard Ibanez fare which I really like (not that I don't love my Uni's neck), makes it awesome for hanging on to chunky chords and the way it's set up the wanky licks that I noodle all the damn time pretty much play themselves. I love it to bits.