Nicko's in trouble again!!

I WONDER what he was driving!!! :D

Anyway here is a cool article about Bruce on the same rag...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6354785.stm

That was on our news as well - which I captured on film!! :D http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v114/Metallicat180/?action=view&current=BruceOnTheNews.flv

It was in 2 daily newspapers too, which I have kept the articles from. Was very nice to see Bruce in all his hairy, sweaty, leather clad glory on the front page of The Sun. :D :worship:

Dumfries Sheriff Court heard that the veteran rocker was unable to appear because he was on tour.

hahahahahahahaha nicko is a bad boy

Metallicat, what is the M74 like; aka how many lanes?, curves?, speed limit?, etc.
though most American highways have a speed limit of 75mph, there are some where going over 100 really isn't that unsafe (especially in the middle of the night) like stretches of Arizona and New Mexice. Here in San Diego however, I wouldn't advise going more than 90 at most, and I myself rarely go over 80.
I'm just trying to determine whether such a speed is really dangerous on that particular highway or not.

Metallicat, what is the M74 like; aka how many lanes?, curves?, speed limit?, etc.
though most American highways have a speed limit of 75mph, there are some where going over 100 really isn't that unsafe (especially in the middle of the night) like stretches of Arizona and New Mexice. Here in San Diego however, I wouldn't advise going more than 90 at most, and I myself rarely go over 80.
I'm just trying to determine whether such a speed is really dangerous on that particular highway or not.
Good point. He may have just violated the law without being unsafe.

At least here in Washington, where there's always a state policeman hanging around and just giving speeding tickets all day, speeding tickets are issued regardless if a person was speeding "safely"-not weaving in and out of traffic & not tailgaiting or bullying people out of lanes. In Washington, it's a moneymaking racket for the state. I've driven in half the states of this nation, and Washington still comes out the worst by far. Driving "the speed of traffic" doesn't save you either - they'll just pull over one car of the group that is speeding anyway.

Montana used to have Prima Facia or "Reasonable and Prudent" and Nevada used to be "unlimited". With the new Liability Standards mentality, where people are no longer able to decide for themselves, and must have some slick corrupt government-type deciding which Freedoms the public is allowed, these "laws" have changed.

It's hard to get away with high speeds on wide-open low-traffic roads anymore, believe me, I've tried. Thats when being polite and sincere will go a long way toward getting over 90 written as under 80, which can be plead to 5 over, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than 95!

I blame it all on Luxury Sports Coupes, and so should Nicko!

It's got 3 lanes and isn't that twisty from what I can remember. I don't think it would be that dangerous to go that fast, it's just that police here are trying to crack down on speeding cos there's been loads of really bad accidents on Scotland roads in the past few weeks.

Like all people who speed, my self included. I have exceeded 116 mph in my own car. Fortunately for me I was not caught.

In the UK it is considered to be an automatic driving ban if you exceed the speed limit by 30mph.
On a motorway (highway) the speed limit is 70Mph over 100mph is an automatic ban and court appearance.

Even though I speed myself it is a stupid thing to do, there is no such thing as driving over the speed limit and still being safe, the limit is there because the road was designed to be safe at THAT maximum speed.

He was caught and paid the price, but I really must condemn anyone that thinks driving at that speed is safe, even though I do it myself.

I think the speeds on the motorways could be increased, the problem the UK has is that stupid kids that think because you can go faster on a motorway you can drive past a school at 50 or 60mph. I guess I view that as a more serious crime than 116mph on a motorway, but the end result is the same.

And just because I am such a hypocrite, my maximum speed on a motorway, the very fastest I have driven a vehicle on the ground, is 135Mph for a very short stretch in a BMW 318i.

hehe I have an 03 Toyota Matrix and I had that baby up to about 110 driving through Canada on my way home from Toronto.. I would have gotten a ticket for at least $200 Canadian if I got caught by the RCMP...

And thats MPH, no KPH.

Just before Montana enacted a stricter speed limit, I took my Volvo C70 for a 136 mph jaunt. Granted most roads, traffic and weather conditions, vehicular and tire capabilities can not justify such lunacy, I still had to do it.

I don't see any way to talk oneself out of that ticket.

My record is just over 120, and that was on the I-90 in New York which is a turnpike. Strangely enough, that's the only road I ever got a speeding ticket on (about 6-7 yrs ago) although I was only gong 79 for that.

The real irony with this thread about our speed records is that 1 week about my tranny went to hell, so I got another car cheap and this "new" one has a busted speedometer.