Nicko's wristbands

Steph Harris

Maidens' Bass
As many of you know, Nicko has designed a wristband for 21st Century Leaders, a unique charity artwork project. The girls and I just got our wristbands and plan to wear them at our Long Beach show. If you'd like to order your own wristband, please go to:

http://www.whateverittakes.org/music/musicleader.php?lid=11

Nicko has requested that 50% of the proceeds be donated to The Great Ormand Street Hospital Children's Charity in London. The remaining 50% will be used to improve living conditions in Africa. We hope you will join us in supporting this worthy cause. :)

I looked at that site, wow, he's quite the guy, and he’s got some courage to profess his faith, by putting up the bible reference John 3:16. I think that most Americans don’t really understand the true character of the Iron Maiden band members, I know I didn’t until I read the charity work they did in Brazil when the played there.

I think something I like seeing about Iron Maiden is that they aren't making these things their main deal and they aren't going on and on and on about on tv and other places. Also it looks like Nicko is making sure of the groups he is working with get the job done.

Some artists these days just seem they like the cool looking publicity more than actually doing something. Some of the background info from Live Aid and Live 8 that you don't see gets really irritating. After the Live Aid most of the money and food never got to where Geldof and others said it would. Most of the public seems to see what a worthy cause something is but doesn't pay attention to what actually happens. Philadelphia had to use most of the money made from their Live 8 to clean the city up after all the mess that was left afterwards.

Cheers to Nicko!