Nightingale Ready to rock Finspång

I took some pics with my phone. Pretty bad quality but anyway...here's two.

21j8x86.jpg

2nsmh6v.jpg

A thousand thanks to Dan, Dag, Erik and Tom for an awesome show and being such nice guys and signing my studentmössa (graduationhat)! :D
It's no wonder we love you so much when you not only play awesome music but are such damn great people as well! :worship:
First time I had the chance to see you but damn me if it'll be the last!

dsc01010y.jpg

A nice memory from pretty much the best possible graduationday possible! :D

Also, cheers to Andreas for the congratulations and a nice chat! A shame I missed out on the shirts you had brought. Would have made you sign one for me! ;)
I hope I didn't ruin the show for you with my singing.

PS. A shame that the Dawn of Silence got more action from the crowd when they played Iron Maidens Fear of the Dark than NG got overall. :mad:

It was a great gig! Cool to be back at the Folkets Hus stage. Last time I played there was with Unicorn and not to forget...Brejn Dedd....or maybe we should forget that :/
A bit thanks to all the guys and girls that travelled a long way to see us and cheer us up from the front of the stage!!
Shadowman was a lot of fun. I accidentally stumbled on the track on Spotify and felt that it rocked real hard after the first chorus, enough to drag it back in the set!! The gig was filmed with some kind of HD camera and Dag used a 4 channel stereorecording device to get the sound in the hall, so I guess there will be some kick ass high resolution stuff from this gig as a video in the near future.

See ya

Dan

PS. A shame that the Dawn of Silence got more action from the crowd when they played Iron Maidens Fear of the Dark than NG got overall. :mad:[/quote]

Iron who???:loco:

Ok. I've had some sleep now. For those interested, I guess I can tell the story of us going to watch Nightingale play live for the first time.

We drove from Tumba, south of Stockholm. We had expected it to take a little over 2 hours to get to Finspång.

About half way there, all 3 kids started complaining about being hungry. We saw a McDonalds near the E4, but we thought we'd be able to find something much better in Norrköping.

However, there was no available parking near any restaurants there and almost all the streets were one-way streets, which makes it friggin impossible to navigate unless you know the town well or have a GPS. After another half hour to an hour of swearing and kids complaining about still being hungry, we decided to give up and find our way back to the highway and the McDonalds. Finding out how to leave the city center wasn't easy due to all one-way streets and dead ends, but we finally did it and got fed.

After that, finding Finspång was easy. When we arrived at the centre of town however, we saw someone dismantling a stage. We thought "NO! Please don't let it be canceled!".

I got out of the car and asked the guy what was going on. He said "Oh. They moved the thing due to bad weather." So I asked where and he said "I have no idea. I was just told to dismantle the stage. I can call and ask though." Unfortunately he only got a busy tone. I decided to see if I could find any info on the internet using my crappy cellphone. While I was doing that, he came up to the car and told us it had been moved to Folkets Hus, but he had no idea where that was, since he wasn't from Finspång.

After asking around we finally found it though, and were able to enter the stage area just in time for Dawn of Silence. We arrived a couple of hours later than expected, but we did get there in time. :)

We watched Dawn of Silence and then we watched Nightingale. I was hoping to hear Nightfall Overture, Alonely, Stalingrad and Black Tears. I got 3 out of 4, plus Piska Mig, so I was a happy camper. It was a great gig and my throat still hurts after singing Black Tears way too loud for my own good, but it was eargasmic.

The kids liked it all, but got really tired at the end. For some reason they had to run everywhere though and I had to run after them and was all sweaty at the end. :p

After the gig, we got to see the band backstage, talked a bit and got the Nightingale CDs signed by the rest of the band (I had gotten one signed by Dag a few years ago and all but one by Dan before that). A very nice and friendly bunch of people. :)

I also took some pics. I didn't have time to fiddle around with ISO settings, etc, since I had my hands full running after the kids who kept escaping, so they're not pro-quality. ;)

Thanks again guys for the experience. It was great! Hopefully we'll be able to see you live soon again. Here are the pictures I took:

Soundcheck:
ng1.jpg

During the gig:
ng2s.jpg

ng3.jpg

ng4.jpg

The signed Nightingale CDs:
cd1opy.jpg

Other CDs signed by Dan:
cd2.jpg

PS. A shame that the Dawn of Silence got more action from the crowd when they played Iron Maidens Fear of the Dark than NG got overall. :mad:

Well... I didn't hear anyone demanding Dawn of Silence to come back on the stage. ;)

For those that weren't there, after NG had played their last song, the students that arranged the whole thing got on stage and started talking about the rest of the activities available, when someone in the audience (someone here perhaps?) shouted (loosly translated) "We don't give a crap about that. Give us more Nightingale!!!!" and then the audience started chanting "Nightingale! Nightingale!". After a few minutes the guys came back on stage and played a couple more songs (this is when Piska Mig... was played). It was great. :)

Well... I didn't hear anyone demanding Dawn of Silence to come back on the stage. ;)

For those that weren't there, after NG had played their last song, the students that arranged the whole thing got on stage and started talking about the rest of the activities available, when someone in the audience (someone here perhaps?) shouted (loosly translated) "We don't give a crap about that. Give us more Nightingale!!!!" and then the audience started chanting "Nightingale! Nightingale!". After a few minutes the guys came back on stage and played a couple more songs (this is when Piska Mig... was played). It was great. :)

Good point! :D

The guy who yelled was Andreas from Another Life.
Funny as hell when the girls went up to finish it off: "Thanks to the bands for nice music *bla bla bla* If you go to [some place] there will be a cinema and lots of snacks to buy. Gonna be very nice!" Then Andreas yells "We don't give a crap about that! etc etc" Poor girls! :lol:

Btw Stilgar, was it your kids climbing up at the stage before Nightingale went on? Seems like nice kids! :) And with great parents who takes them to see Nightingale, of course! ;)

Here's some of the better photos that I took.

dsc01002o.jpg

dsc01006t.jpg

dsc01009t.jpg

Good point! :D

The guy who yelled was Andreas from Another Life.
Funny as hell when the girls went up to finish it off: "Thanks to the bands for nice music *bla bla bla* If you go to [some place] there will be a cinema and lots of snacks to buy. Gonna be very nice!" Then Andreas yells "We don't give a crap about that! etc etc" Poor girls! :lol:
Ahh. :) Yeah, I felt sorry for the girls too, but it was funny as hell.

Btw Stilgar, was it your kids climbing up at the stage before Nightingale went on? Seems like nice kids! :) And with great parents who takes them to see Nightingale, of course! ;)
That would be them. :)

And yeah. They did climb up on the stage and refused to come down for a while, even though I was trying to explain to them that it's not a good place to be, especially with the hatch on the stage that has a deep hole underneath it. They stayed away from trouble most of the time though. :)

They all like much of the same music that we parents like, so we try to take them with us on concerts when we can. The oldest two have seen Opeth, Katatonia, Bolt Thrower and a few other bands in addition to Nightingale and Dawn of Silence. It was the first time for the youngest one though, and he had a blast. He was jumping up and down, clapping his hands and laughing and screaming (until he got too tired that is).

Here's some of the better photos that I took.

Nice pics. :)

Dan Swanö;8341715 said:

Iron who???:loco:[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Dan. I'm a huge Iron Maiden fan and a HUGE Nightingale fan. I'm not quite sure why anyone would be more excited to hear a covered Maiden song than some excellent Nightingale songs, performed by the REAL BAND! I really wish I could have been there, but you know what many say: Wish in one hand........

Damn.... Why didn't you guys play Shadowman in Helsinki:cry:?

It would have been great to be there in Finspång... Quite a trip from here:\.

What was the full setlist, homeboys?

I really can´t remember correct order but I think I remember all of the songs that were played..........

Nightfall Overture
Raincheck
Trial & Error
Hideaway
Steel the moon
Shadowman
Atlantis Rising
Fields of Life
Glory days
Alonely
Black Tears
Piska mig
Revival

Something like this ??

Dan looks a lot fatter since, umm, i don't know when... from the other pictures and videos i've seen of him.

and Dag is his usual sexy self... hehe :loco:

now someone post videos on youtube for people not living in sweden...