Nightrage "A New Disease is Born", which amps?

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
I really like the tone on this one. I recently rediscovered it on my iPod and I'm diggin' the hell out of it.

Does anyone know which amps were used on this album?

thanks

-Joe

Jacob Hansen did it, it's probably dual rec mixed with a marshall valvestate 8100. I think he has used this for a great many albums he's produced. His shiz is top notch. Different sounding mixes but loud as piss and still punchy.

Thanks for the reply man. I actually found an interview where they mention Engl, Krank, and Peavey.

I would have guessed 5150 or similar for the tone. It is some tasty tone!

-Joe

Thanks for the nice words, guys! :) I believe we ended up using 5150 + Dual Rectifier. Quadrupled. As far as I remember it was this modded version of the 5150. Scaled down to deliver only 50watts... But hey, I've got a 6505, and seriously I can't tell much difference. The 6505 sounds rad!

Yeah, I've used Valvestate on many albums, although never ONLY Valvestate (oh, except for Beyond Twilight), but in combination with a good, fat tube amp, I really like it! The Valvestate is so "tight" and "twangy", which I often miss in big, fat tube amps.

Thanks for the nice words, guys! :) I believe we ended up using 5150 + Dual Rectifier. Quadrupled. As far as I remember it was this modded version of the 5150. Scaled down to deliver only 50watts... But hey, I've got a 6505, and seriously I can't tell much difference. The 6505 sounds rad!

Yeah, I've used Valvestate on many albums, although never ONLY Valvestate (oh, except for Beyond Twilight), but in combination with a good, fat tube amp, I really like it! The Valvestate is so "tight" and "twangy", which I often miss in big, fat tube amps.

Thanks for the reply! Cool to have you here.

So no sonic maximizer? Any tubescreamer?

thanks!

-Joe

Hey Jacob, thanks for coming here again :D

Do you remember the settings on the 5150 ? Presence cranked of low ? (I find that this knob generally defines a lot the overall sound of the amp) What about the mids ?
Thanks a lot !!