Nightwish – Dark Passion Play

I've always enjoyed their music, irrespective of the female vocalists. We all know why Tarja had to go so people need to see Annette as a new page in the beautiful tome that is Nightwish's existence. The musicians are top class and very professional in their craft - something every musician strives towards.

I give them a flamboyant bow for merely existing :)

I am not a Big Tarja fan ( in my opinion She is one of the best metal singers, but no the best one as lots of people think) , But i think Anette Olzon's voice is not made to sing this kind of music ...Her voice is good but not to this stuff...
In this album I like the tracks : Sahara ( yeah! i like Anette's voice here)The Islander and Master Passion Greed

Nice Album. I personally like Anette Olzon as the new singer. Still took me a couple of listens to get into this

This is easily one of my favorite metal albums of all time. Anette's vocals may not be as powerful as Tarja's, but they feel more heart-felt and genuine; that's just me. They quickly grew on me and imagining Tarja singing most of these tracks feels a bit awkward, so I'm glad they made the switch. I do believe 'The Poet and the Pendulum' is an absolute symphonic metal masterpiece and it's now the track I usually use to introduce people to the genre.

Nice necroposting....oh well.

DPP is a very good album, Anette did well. She was phenomenal on Imaginaerum, but she is history now.

Next up Tuomas solo album!