Nightwish: Another band has died

Sorry I disagree totally.
I have followed their music since Oceanborn and I believe Once to be their best release yet.
I am not a full on fan boy but I do think each release has been better than the previous one and I don't think that they have failed in doing so yet.

I think that Once is the best album that Nightwish has done yet, all of the songs are pretty killer. I really like the heavier direction that they've started to take and Tarja RULES!

As for me, Nightwish "never has lived". I've always hated the band for what they do in my opinion: totally by-the-numbers Scandinavian Power Metal. If it weren't for Tarja (whose voice I really don't like), nobody would give a flying f*** about the band. I hate them even more ever since they got a crapload of commercial success over here with that piss-poor POP song "Nemo". :yuk:

Luis said:
I just got their last disc and its one of the worst cds i have ever heard. Tarjas voice sounds tired and bassist Marco Hietala has ruined the group with his metallica influences. :erk:

I miss the old times, when they made master pieces such as Oceanborn :cry:

Nightwish's Once is a fucking brilliant album, the best album ever from Finland! :headbang: Here in Finland they have been named "Soundtrackmetal" :D (When you listen Once, you know what they meen by that!) As for Marco Hietala, I think he fits perfectly in the band, he is a great bassist & his vocals sound great with these new heavy songs on the album. Goddamit this album rips! :headbang: Metallica influences??? Nothing like that! As for Tarja, she is as magnifecent as ever! So stop whining! Power Metal ? Ok, I admit that on Wishmaster & on Century Child that was quite the case, but on Once it's nothing like that, it's chanced a lot & for the better if you ask me! Tuomas really shows on this album, that he is great musicisian! Incredible! :worship:

Cheers!
Marre
:headbang:

Well, I have never really liked Nightwish's music, too "keyboardy" and Tarja's style was too overly operatic for my tastes, but this album kicks!

Her voice is most thoroughly pleasant on this one, and the heaviness of the music suits the band much better.

Also I don't find Nemo to be a particularly pop-ish song, it is quite dramatic to me, actually. And the video is just so beautifully shot, a tip of the hat to the director of that one!

The Stormbringer said:
As for me, Nightwish "never has lived". I've always hated the band for what they do in my opinion: totally by-the-numbers Scandinavian Power Metal. If it weren't for Tarja (whose voice I really don't like), nobody would give a flying f*** about the band. I hate them even more ever since they got a crapload of commercial success over here with that piss-poor POP song "Nemo". :yuk:

Well done. :worship:

Wishmaster was just fabulous. I think they are brilliant and innovative. Who would have the balls to combine Operatic vocals and metal? Its differnt but is great. The production quality of each Cd makes each new Cd a must have.

I'm going to Philly to see Nightwish with my Australian Proggers WithoutEnd in 3-4 weeks. Can't wait.

Nightwish isn't Sym X or Dt but they are way better than Nickelback or Puddle of Mudd.

Anger is the enemy......

----------------------

JWC

www.lonewolfmusic.com

LoneWolfMusic said:
Who would have the balls to combine Operatic vocals and metal? Its differnt but is great.

I know a band who can make it, and really sounds great... That is a mix between prog/power/symphonic metal... Really worthed to hear!!----> Requiem from Finland...

Do you know that actually Tarja doesn't know about Metal? She doesn't even listen to it...

But Hope you enjoy your concert! ;) ;)

Nightwish, along with every other power metal band in the world, would be better off without those annoying, repetitive choruses. That seriously ruins a hell of a lot of bands. The few I like are SyX, Adagio, and Bodom. But anyway, Nightwish have their moments on Once, but I think the best melodies they ever wrote were on Oceanborn. End of story.

The Stormbringer said:

My thoughts exactly!!!!