Nightwish confirmed for Alone in the Dark soundtrack

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
From http://www.nightwish.com/ :

Nightwish is now in Germany for making their new video from the song "I Wish I Had An Angel". That song will also be in movie "Alone In The Dark" (first-night autumn 2004), starring Christian Slater and Tara Reid. Director of Nightwish-video and that movie is Uwe Boll.
Source:Iltalehti, Finland

This is pretty fucking awsome. Lets hope the rumor of Edguy being on the soundtrack is confirmed soon too :headbang:

It will be interesting hearing Nightwish in a movie soundtrack, however, not too sure if I actually like the idea or not. I prefer music composed for the movie, not just used for it.

Nevertheless, being on a movie soundtrack can be huge for a band. Perfect example: Evanescence (love'em or hate'em) got huge after being exposed on the Daredevil soundtrack.

:Smokin:

Oakenson said:
Ugh, yes, now it's only a matter of time before the teenagers start acting like Nightwish fans ...

I wouldn't worry about the mindless flocks, if it isn't played on MTV or hyped at Hot Topic they won't listen to it.

Hell, I've tried to get some of my nu-metal coworkers and my sister to listen to Lacuna Coil since they listen to Evanescence, but they won't even give it a chance. I get stupid replies like "who's she" when I mention the band, and "they copied Evanescence" when these people finally hear it. My sister likes Evan... but won't listen to Lacuna because they're "metal". :Smug:

The moral of the story:The teen clones will never listen to Nightwish.
(teen members of this forum exluded of course)

powermetal2000 said:
I wouldn't worry about the mindless flocks, if it isn't played on MTV or hyped at Hot Topic they won't listen to it.

Hell, I've tried to get some of my nu-metal coworkers and my sister to listen to Lacuna Coil since they listen to Evanescence, but they won't even give it a chance. I get stupid replies like "who's she" when I mention the band, and "they copied Evanescence" when these people finally hear it. My sister likes Evan... but won't listen to Lacuna because they're "metal". :Smug:

The moral of the story:The teen clones will never listen to Nightwish.
(teen members of this forum exluded of course)

All good points - actually, you pretty much convinced me :)

Oakenson said:
It will be interesting hearing Nightwish in a movie soundtrack, however, not too sure if I actually like the idea or not. I prefer music composed for the movie, not just used for it.
There actually is a song composed for the movie and it's pretty awesome too. The bands name is Solution Coma and you can listen to the complete song on the movie website http://www.alone-in-the-dark.com/sound.htm