Nightwish ECHO-Awards 2008 winner!

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005
Congratulations Nightwish :headbang:

Nightwish won the Best International Artist/Group of the Year 2008 - Rock/Alternative -category at the ECHO-Awards Gala in Berlin, Germany yesterday Feb 15th.

(Info: ECHO-Awards are the German equivivalent of Grammys)

They also performed Amaranth at the gala, and even it was partially playback, it was an awesome show with huge lightshow and tons of pyros and fireworks. And there must have been a few million viewers watching it on TV in Germany and neigbouring countries. An explosive start for the European tour sterting tomorrow Sun 17. in Vilnius, Lithuania. :kickass:

Now a big hand to the nice people who uploaded footage from the performance already on and even better, on Stage6 in high quality divx.

(You need to download and install the divx-plug from the site if you don't have divx-player installed already, it's safe, don't worry)

This is an made a day before the Gala. Tuomas seems to get really annoyed with the not-so-tactful interviewer - and for good reason, see yourself :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Woooo! Congrats boys & girl!

Haha that guy just wouldn't let it go! Sheesh!

Seemed like it was a total playback to me, it must be weird to do that, like being fake. I dunno, it would seem that way to me.

I see what you mean about the reporter. Like most (especially entertainment reporters), he was nothing more than a weasel trying to dig up or create a scandal. After Tuomas points out that the album is metal because of Master Passion Greed and Bye Bye Beautiful, and that guy says "Yes of course, but it sounds more poppy", i might have had a hard time maintaining complete civility. He may as well have just come out and said "I don't want to hear that, i want to hear you say that you are a bunch of sellouts". Then once he finally gets off of that topic, he tries to create some imaginary scandal between Nightwish and television? I suppose that is mainstream reporting for you.. no ethics. Only a tabloid mentality.

All of that bs aside, the award is very cool, very prestigious. Winning in Germany is a big deal. I always rather equate Germany as the New York of Europe, in as much as it also pretty much follows the saying, "if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere". To think, some poor misguided souls thought Nightwish would flop right on it's face with Anette. Tsk tsk ;]

I always rather equate Germany as the New York of Europe, in as much as it also pretty much follows the saying, "if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere".
Ha, I never thought about it that way, but I think you're right...interesting. Yeah, that interviewer was a complete douche...Tuomas should've kicked him in his wiener schnitzel! Thanks for the stage6 link, very sharp...was kinda funny at the end where Anette freestyles over her recorded vocals :lol:

Yay Nightwish!
joy.gif

I saw these videos a long time ago, but I just watched the live one again and Annette's voice was killer. It sucks she had to sing over a backing track, but the end was intense.

Also, the band has such a wicked presence, I usually notice the drummer going crazy and looking like he's gonna' impale someone with his sticks, but the others have really good stage presence.

I WANT TO SEE NIGHTWISH LIVE!