Nightwish in Seattle

It was about 4:00 p.m. when I exited the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle. It didn't take long for me to realize that the Showbox SoDo was just a walk away from Safeco Field and Qwest Center. I managed to find a convenient parking spot across the street from the venue.

09090802.jpg

After waiting a couple of hours outside and another two hours in the bar, I ran to the front. At about 9:00 p.m., Sonata Arctica opened the show.

sa09090801.jpg

They gave a stellar performance. After their act, and another 30 or so minutes of fixing up the stage, the lights went out, and the stage was filled with blue lights. Nightwish made their presence known.

09090807.jpg

09090808.jpg

09090812.jpg

09090814.jpg

09090816.jpg

09090818.jpg

Their performance was nothing short of awesome, as they belted out songs from Dark Passion Play, as well as some of their older stuff such as "The Siren," "Dark Chest of Wonders" and "Wish I Had an Angel." As you can see on the pics, Anette dyed her hair back to blond, and she now sports a tattoo on her left forearm.

After the show, I went to the back of the club to meet the band. Unfortunately, Anette disappeared after the show. It was great to know that the guys are really cool in person, Especially Tuomas and Marco.

09090820.jpg

Hopefully, I'll get to see these guys again.