Nightwish in SoCal!

actordude

Sep 29, 2003
SoCal
Well, in typical Nightwish fashion, they have a scheduled date at the House of Blues Anaheim on November 6th - quite a ways away......Ticketmaster is already selling tickets. Of course, nothing is posted on the HOB website or the NW website so I'm a bit skeptical. But with Ticketmaster selling them, could this be real???? I sure hope so!!!

Did you notice that the only tickets for sale are Fan club members only and to order tickets you have to have a password. Hmmmmmmmmmmm someone is gonna catch hell for this one for sure.

I'd hate though for the show to sell-out while waiting for it to be officially announced... theoretically speaking, of course.

Just out of curiosity, would someone kindly enlighten me with this: who are this so called Nightwish Fan club delivering the Tm-passwords to their members for pre-sale? Ticketmaster itself? HOB? Where one can join in? The band haven't authorized an official fanclub in North America, afaik. :err:

I'm pretty sure they exist and are called Oceansouls of America or something similar. Not 100% sure though.
Oh yes, "Oceansouls Of America" - Nightwish Fan Club exist. They have been around for over three years after founded in October 2003. Ambr and Dave @ BEC :kickass: helped a lot to get the OSA website started until they got their own domain. I've been helping OSA a little by providing news and information about Nightwish, and translating articles, interviews etc. from Finnish to English for them for three years.

Afaik, OSA don't have anything to do with the VIP Fanclub tickets for HOB, Anahaim, at least I haven't received any information about such activities from OSA.

Unfortunately OSA have not gained the official status from the band yet. Pleas and inquiries were sent directly to the band and also to Roadrunner Records back in 2004 before their first North American tour already, but for some reason the management kept OSA on hold, while the Fan Clubs founded at the same time in England and few other European countries were granted the official status pretty fast. After Tarja & Marcelo pulled the rug under the second North American tour in Feb 2005 Roadrunner stopped replying to emails sent by OSA secretary. At the same time the band and management made the decision to kick Tarja out after finishing the Once-tour, so the American Fan club may have become a minor concern to them.

OSA's website has been under construction and the Fan club on temporary hiatus since a nasty hacker attack last November. The OSA message board has been recovered for a month now, but it's still quiet there, since there havent been much news lately about the band.
It will obviously change by May, when the first new single and the identity of the new singer will be revealed. Stay tuned.

Just out of curiosity, would someone kindly enlighten me with this: who are this so called Nightwish Fan club delivering the Tm-passwords to their members for pre-sale? Ticketmaster itself? HOB? Where one can join in? The band haven't authorized an official fanclub in North America, afaik. :err:
Was wondering that myself. I have to confess, I have long had the suspicion that the reason Oceansouls of America was not made official while the European clubs were (and so easily) had something to do the size of the market and ideas for how the band's goals here were going to be achieved. Read that anyway you like. That said, I did find it interesting that OSA is still listed as the fan club on Roadrunner's site, though, unfortunately, it's the old link. I do wonder, though, who is this fanclub supplying a password for an unannounced tour that isn't even listed on the venue's site. Very suspicious, IMO.

The info on the NIGHTWISH TICKETS: Copied from Ticketmaster.com.

Look For Nightwish Tickets
Additional Information:
VIP Ticket includes:
Front of Line access, and exclusive to this event, a poster autographed by the band

16 & UNDER MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY GUARDIAN!

GENERAL ADMISSION / STANDING ROOM ONLY
Ticket Limit
There is a 10 ticket limit per household.

NIGHTWISH FANCLUB VIP TICKET PRESALE
US $55.00 Enter Special Offer Code or Password

NIGHTWISH FANCLUB GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET PRESALE
US $27.50 Enter Special Offer Code or Password
Section
Best AvailableGENERAL ADMISSION

US $27.50

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Sat, 03/03/07 10:00 AM PST
Internet Presale Info
HOB MEMBER PRESALE:
Start:Tue, 02/27/07 10:00 AM PST
End:Fri, 03/02/07 10:00 PM PST

FANCLUB PRESALE:
Start:Fri, 02/02/07 10:00 AM PST
End:Fri, 03/02/07 10:00 PM PST

mloanna, I went on that tickemaster site earlier today, but it really doesn't give a single hint about the fanclub, hence I was asking questions.

Was wondering that myself. I have to confess, I have long had the suspicion that the reason Oceansouls of America was not made official while the European clubs were (and so easily) had something to do the size of the market and ideas for how the band's goals here were going to be achieved. Read that anyway you like. That said, I did find it interesting that OSA is still listed as the fan club on Roadrunner's site, though, unfortunately, it's the old link. I do wonder, though, who is this fanclub supplying a password for an unannounced tour that isn't even listed on the venue's site. Very suspicious, IMO.
I really don't know, the band and their management have given very little or no backup for the European fanclubs, except appearing at some meet-and-greet type things while on tour in their homecountries. The management don't seem to have any kind of policy for fanclubs and the band seem to be quite indifferent towards them. That is maybe because the fanclub culture isn't too strong or financially profitable in Finland due the small population and market and the record companies abroad lacking interest. I really don't know if there is a Nightwish fanclub in Finland. Never heard about one would exist. :err:

Maybe Roadrunner have their own plans for Nightwish's future in the USA, but they really have kept low profile with Nightwish for the last two years. Even the Nw-page on RR-website has been left untouched for ages.

You may have to call HOB. I am going to try and buy tix as a HOB member on the 27th. If you join the Nightwish fanclub from the website even though it is not based in the U.S. they must send you a code. My friend is a member of the INXS fan club and she got notice when they started playing in the states and still gets notices when they play elsewhere in the world.

You may have to call HOB. I am going to try and buy tix as a HOB member on the 27th. If you join the Nightwish fanclub from the website even though it is not based in the U.S. they must send you a code. My friend is a member of the INXS fan club and she got notice when they started playing in the states and still gets notices when they play elsewhere in the world.
Whose website? Nightwish's? There is no fan club associated with them worldwide. They are all started by fans.