Nightwish promotes Energy drink????

^ I never have either. :lol: I have found one energy bar that's pretty good though. The Blueberry Crisp Cliff Bars are actually pretty good. :D

^ I never have either. :lol: I have found one energy bar that's pretty good though. The Blueberry Crisp Cliff Bars are actually pretty good. :D
Clif Bars are great. Also, XS Energy drinks are probably the best I ever had. No crash, tastes great, great if you are a diabetic (no sugar),....sad that you can only get them via Amway. :cry:

Battery Energy Drink was originally released in Finland in 1997. Since then it has become available in over 40 countries, either in stores or at least on the webshop(s). In March 2012 they launcejd a limited 500 000 cans lot with Nightwish image printed on thens and the band promoting it in adverts. This special version is only available in Finland, sorry. But it is just regular Battery in the cans, though.

If you guys In the USA want to taste it you can order it (in 24 cans cases) via [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Energy-Drink-33cl-24-pack/dp/B004RF2ODK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313737470&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com[/ame]

Teenagers and even little kids here are going crazy about Battery, which has made people debate seriously if selling any energy drinks to kids under 15 yrs should be forbidden. Some stores even have set that limitation by themselves, and some schools have forbidden energy drinks because teachers complain that kids become too anxious and behave restless after drinking Battery during breaks.

Personally I do not drink energy drinks, but I remember that when Battery came in stores and bars in the late 90's I ordered a can in a bar just out of curiosity. Drank half of it, then decided that ok, I'm done with this stuff and never had another. LOL! It wasn't bad, but somehow out of my tastebuds' range. If I want a soda. I rather have some fruity flavour, but I belong to the minority I think...

Battery Energy Drink was originally released in Finland in 1997. Since then it has become available in over 40 countries, either in stores or at least on the webshop(s). In March 2012 they launcejd a limited 500 000 cans lot with Nightwish image printed on thens and the band promoting it in adverts. This special version is only available in Finland, sorry. But it is just regular Battery in the cans, though.

If you guys In the USA want to taste it you can order it (in 24 cans cases) via Amazon.com

Teenagers and even little kids here are going crazy about Battery, which has made people debate seriously if selling any energy drinks to kids under 15 yrs should be forbidden. Some stores even have set that limitation by themselves, and some schools have forbidden energy drinks because teachers complain that kids become too anxious and behave restless after drinking Battery during breaks.

Personally I do not drink energy drinks, but I remember that when Battery came in stores and bars in the late 90's I ordered a can in a bar just out of curiosity. Drank half of it, then decided that ok, I'm done with this stuff and never had another. LOL! It wasn't bad, but somehow out of my tastebuds' range. If I want a soda. I rather have some fruity flavour, but I belong to the minority I think...

Enigma - the same epidemic is happening here in the states! But I think it's much worse because we have probably 15 different brands of energy drinks alone, and the new rage are these energy "shots". I work in a store that sells them and we can't sell them to kids under 18.

There are 60 ml Battery shots as well and of course Battery isn't the only brand available but while it is Finnish it has a huge market share here. Still makes me wonder how much different these energy drinks genuinely are compared to say coffee drinks and Coke and such. I mean the ingredients (caffeine, sugar, taurine and guarana + carbonated water) do not differ that much from a mug of strong coffee with milk and plenty of sugar.

I read an article which said that caffeine and sugar are the only two effective energy sources in these drinks, the rest do nothing in that sense. And when you think about it, there is over double dose of caffeine in a large coffee mug (300 ml) compared to a can of Battery. I really believe that the effect of all enegy drinks is more on the psychologicql side of the human mind... They are just made trendy with aiming tempting commercials to school kids who are easily convinved because they tend to behave like a herd of sheep.

Edit: removed a piece of text which didn't belong in the post any more.

Tastes like shit. Like any energy drink I've ever tasted. If I want caffeine I get the old-fashioned way; by drinking coffee.

In the Netherlands there are also schools forbidding energy drinks for the same reasons Enigma mentioned. I have drunk it for a while, then realised how much shit there basically was in it (preservatives and flavour modifiers, yuk!) and then never drunk it again unless my sugar levels really, abruptly needed an emergency instant boost.

I tried energy drinks, but there's not one I've found that is to my taste. Strong coffee with sugar always works best for me. Sorry Nightwish. ;)

I've know quite a few teenage kids who absolutely love energy drinks though and it makes me wonder why. Just what is so appealing about this bland tasting…thing? I'd keep a watchful eye over how much energy drinks kids consume though because they can get addicted easily and they always think they know better than others when really, they do not know their own limits.

Yes, it's definitely a "cool" thing with the kids. And since it's not considered healthy, then of course the kids will drink it! lol. I still remember standing behind the school trying to smoke for the first time! Hilarious. I almost choked to death :))