Nightwish rocks Detroit \m/

Iced Dog

The Stormrider's Pooch
Sep 29, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
www.facebook.com
What a great show, they certainly did kick a lot of ass. I was really proud of the crowd Detroit assembled...bigger than I expected, and they were really into it. The only downer is that I got there late...didn't think Nightwish would be going on that early, as most headliners seem to take stage around 10...I walked in and they were playing Ever Dream, I was like HOLY SHIT. So I missed the first 3 tracks, I can live with that...because the next track was Whoever Brings The Night, my favorite off DPP :) TPATP was just amazing, and I was sooo stoked to hear 7 Days To The Wolves.

I have to say, Anette was fantastic, they sure picked a winner. Her stage presence is excellent, and she looks like she's having a great time (as does the rest of the band)...and her vocals are top-notch, which we already knew, but she sounds just as good if not better in a live setting, very impressive. Did anyone notice her doing some freestyling on Nemo right before Emppu's solo? I really dug that.

I waited around after the show by the buses...chatted it up with some fans, and Tuomas was the first to come out. Had him sign my Amaranth DVD and Century Child booklets...he gave me my sharpie back, then took it again to sign for others, repeat this about 3 times...people were laughing ;) Then Jukka came out, then Marco...all the guys were really friendly...especially Marco & Jukka as they were chatting with fans for at least a half hour. Thankfully it wasn't cold and the rain let up :) Didn't see Anette or Emppu, but Ewo (he's the big guy with blonde hair right?) walked by and said "yabba dabba doo" :lol: After that it was time to make the 2.5 hour trip back to the west side of the state. Great night...thanks Nightwish!

@Zellie, I commented to Marco about the Finnish Chin Milkers thing and he was laughing...said something like "where did they come up with that" :D

Whoever Brings the Night is your favorite? Interesting! I thought it was really weird, especially trying to read the lyrics along with it... it's definitely grown on me though.

rofl, Ewo saying yabba dabba doo? Man, Ewo was EVERYWHERE we looked...just hanging out XD

LOL!!! All right, spread that chin milking around!! Tramz kept saying "they're NEVER going to forget you guys!"

Whoever Brings the Night is your favorite? Interesting! I thought it was really weird, especially trying to read the lyrics along with it... it's definitely grown on me though.

rofl, Ewo saying yabba dabba doo? Man, Ewo was EVERYWHERE we looked...just hanging out XD

LOL!!! All right, spread that chin milking around!! Tramz kept saying "they're NEVER going to forget you guys!"

Because they SO aren't. How can you forget someone wearing a shirt like that? :p

Tel should have gone into business selling them over this and next tour, just look how they sell themselves hehe.

Hah yeah Ewo was everywhere, all three times we saw the band.

Seems like you had an excellent night all around in Detroit. Good deal. And it never hurts to make this continual OSA/organized fans across the country connection when speaking with the band either, so that's a good thing too. :]

Definitely! I hope Ray gets my OSA shirt to me in time for the concert next Sunday. If not, I have my old one to take with me. Then again, I'm not a forgettable person either (for physical characteristics that set me apart for good reasons at times). Even Sharon den Adel recognized me from the Lacuna Coil/WT gigs and we had not even met then! I guess she saw me up by the bar or something.

C, you just can't hide from your favorite bands :)

A couple tidbits I remember...before Whoever Brings The Night, Anette and Marco were talking and Marco asks "is anyone here sick? Does anyone here have a disease?"...Emppu raises his hand! The way he did it was funny as hell :lol: And during Poet, Tuomas does a gesture like he's cutting his throat at the part where the pendulum swipes down...über cool
horns.gif

haha, I go as Night Dog over there, but I'm Iced Dog everywhere else

Yeah, when I went back to the forum later on I saw your post and figured that you were the same Dog.
blink2.gif

Oh they'll play Poet for ya, that's all but guaranteed

Yeah, well, Tuomas "guaranteed" that they would be back in '05 and we all know what happened there.
eyes.gif

What a fantastic show! I was fortunate to be in town visiting friends, which made the night even better.

I must say I miss Tarja, but Anette really impressed me live. Her voice is quite lovely in a live setting and she has a lot of charisma. I think they made a great choice with her.

I can't believe I almost stayed home that night... I'm glad I toughed it out, it was worth it! :headbang: