Nightwish Set List Worcester

Jun 21, 2002
NY
Anyone know what they played on the 20th at the Mass Palladium in Worcester? I'm seeing them tomorrow in New York. Thanks ahead of time.

Set list from Worcester:

1. Dark Chest of Wonders
2. Planet Hell
3. Come Cover Me
4. End of All Hope
5. Nemo
6. Phantom of the Opera
7. Sleeping Sun

Break for Tarja
8. Symphony of Destruction (Megadeath)

9. Bless the Child
10. Wishmaster
11. Higher than Hope
12. Ever Dream
13. Over the Hills and Far Away
14. Dead Boy's Poem breaking right into...
15. Slaying the Dreamer
16. Wish I Had an Angel

Tarja seriously nailed Phantom of the Opera especially the high notes at the end. Totally mind-blowing.

The whole band did a hell of a job considering they had just flown in the day before and they were really jet-lagged. You sure couldn't tell on stage, though after the show was a different matter.:dopey:

Same exact set in NYC last night, but with only one difference : We had Jens Johansson in the keyboards as a special guest during the Megadeth cover!

Nightwish lit BB Kings on fire... It was a great performance by the band, and as usual Tarja was perfect! Funniest thing was hanging backstage with Jens, Emppu and Marco, all of them drunk, and trying to understand Jens, since he would mix swedish and english to talk to us... lol

Anyway, can't wait to see them again... :headbang:

I think the order of a few of the songs was different last night. For example, I'm pretty sure Phantom of the Opera was a bit earlier and Planet Hell was a bit later. Could be wrong though.

This was copied from a photograph of the setlist on the stage at B.B. Kings.

Dark Chest of Wonders
Planet Hell
Come Cover Me
Phantom of the Opera
End of All Hope
Nemo
Sleeping Sun

Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction

Bless the Child
Ever Dream
Higher Than Hope
Wishmaster
Over the Hills

Break

Dead Boy's Poem
Slaying the Dreamer
Wish I had an Angel

So apparently the difference is that Phantom of the Opera moved to spot #4, Wishmaster moved down to #12 and Ever Dream and Higher than Hope switched spots. That's all that I can see.

I would like to say that I hate every single one of you that is getting to see Nightwish on this tour...:bah:

hahah, ah well, I remember me going into conniption fits and being pissed for about a month when Helloween came and didnt come to TX but then they announced the 2nd run and I saw Dallas was on there and I cried, I cried like a little girl. And if I remember correctly it has been stated that Nightwish plan on doing a full tour in 2005.

Ben

Agh, I didn't get to see them...

But on the other hand they didn't play most of the songs I'd wanna hear...

But on the OTHER hand they covered Symphony of Destruction with Jens Johanson!

Goddammit All!

I'm quite envious, too. Hope to see them later this year or early next (the rumours, they are a-swirlin').

Damnit, I'd have loved to swap tales with Jens J. He used to hang out on #ytsejam back when I did, and we have a favorite author in common, Larry Niven.

We're going to see them in Denver this weekend. Even though its an 8 hour drive, I'm sure its going to be totally worth it. I can't wait to see Tarja! :)

Just got home from the show here in Chucago, IL. at The House Of Blues. It was AWESOME!!! They played the same set from New York I believe. I also did an interview with Tuomas before the show and will be transcribing it very soon. I 'm working on transcribing my interview a few days ago with Glenn "Commander In Chief" Harveston. I will post URL's to both interviews when they are done. Now if I can just get Tarja out of my head, but why would I want to do that?

The_Q said:
Just got home from the show here in Chucago, IL. at The House Of Blues. It was AWESOME!!!
Yep. Awesome! Well, that is except for the morons next to us who were talking so loud we could not hear the vocals. During the who show they were just babbling non-stop, then the song would end and they start cheering like they were listening. Finally my wife told them to STFU. ;)

Good show though. Well worth the trip into the city.

Sorry, my bad. Just for you guys that don't know, that is the correct Finnish annuncuation of Chicago courtesy of Marco Hietala of Nightwish

Chee-ka-go