Nightwish vs. the pre-party...Part II

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
At the present time, I have no idea if the Nightwish rumors are true or just select dates. If they do cancel, then there will indeed be some of live entertainment at the pre-party in addition to karoke.

I will announce something once things are confirmed.

Glenn H.

it would be great to have bands playing al the pre-party! but the most important thing is to actually have a pre-party and meet the bands!! Maybe they can do an acoustic set like somebody said..imagine Stratovarius jamming with some other band!or jamming with the fans!!! wow!!you never know..it could be great!!!

The whole tour is cancelled. the September 9th date at Jaxx is cancelled according to their website, and "record label reports" the whole tour is scrapped. Glenn wins by default, although i'm sure most of us were planning on attending the pre-party regardless :D

Oh Man, this really sucks. First they cancelled their tour with Sonata Arctica with Sonata still playing some of their dates with Nightwish alone or with support. Now they are scrapping this tour, this has to be unbelievable!!! Man, I want to see Nightwish!

Is that an official cancellation??? I already bought a ticket for that show!

Glenn, I'm just glad that you brought Nightwish in to PPIV, because I apparently would never get to see them any other way.

Steve in Philly

i bought a ticket for the show in atlanta for that thurday and nto had a email for ticketmaster saying tis been canceled.

nightwish58 said:
This is pure fuckin bullshit. So now Ticket Bastard screws us out of the service charges right. What a mess!

Not entirely.. here's my email

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. Nightwish, scheduled at BB Kings Blues Club/Grill on Tuesday, September 6, 2005 (originally scheduled for April 25, 2005), has been cancelled. Your credit card will automatically be credited the ticket price and convenience charges, and should post to your account within 7 to 10 business days. Please note, the $3.25 per order processing fee and any ticketFast or UPS delivery charges are non refundable.

I see; i never got an e-mail from them. I guess I need to contact them. Actually, I think i bought these tickets at an actual TM outlet and not online. No wonder I never received an e-mail. Thanks for the clarification though.

This sucks no matter which way u look at it. I remember Glenn saying he hopes to book Nightwish this year for their Atlanta date. On top of that not happening, I would venture to say that Sonata Arctica was the band he planned on getting when that post went around asking how we would feel about seeing a band that will be touring the U.S.

So it seems due to this whole mess, we are getting screwed out of seeing both these bands due to what I would guess is poor booking/management. Maybe Sontata Arctica is still anoption for PP? Actually, strike that, they are far from traditional progressive metal:)

Harvester said:
At the present time, I have no idea if the Nightwish rumors are true or just select dates. If they do cancel, then there will indeed be some of live entertainment at the pre-party in addition to karoke.

I will announce something once things are confirmed.

Glenn H.

Will this be karoke singing, or karoke guitar? One can simply bring a CD of a backing track, plug his guitar in and wank! Maybe even both!

Creeps said:
Sun Cages is no more from reports last year :(
Sun Caged web site had an update posted in December that they had finalized a new line-up with a singer named Paul Adrian Villarreal (from USA). He was going to be moving over to Europe and the new album was being written and recorded during 2005. Hope it all happens, they rock! :headbang:

Wait wait wait... so the Nightwish show is absolutely cancelled on the 15th? I just got my tickets two days ago! This is going to be my first Progpower :headbang: I had planned to go the previous two years but things happened and I couldn't make it but this year I'm going. Looking forward to it! But hey... if Nightwish is cancelled for the day before PP, do you have to be 18 to get into the Pre-party? Not familiar with the festival so I'm a bit hazey on the rules and such