Nightwish

mloanna

Sep 18, 2006
Los Angeles
Just saw the Nightwish/Sonata Artica show and it was great. Sonata is a great band live and looked great on a big stage. The show came through L.A. on Saturday and played at the Wiltern. Heard after Sonata's set they headed to the Rainbow.

My question is what has happened to the singer of Nightwish? Every picture I have seen I noticed her image has changed. Most interesting she came out on Saturday looking like Barbie dressed as Cyndi Lauper from back in the 80's??? It was most disturbing to hear to Nightwish songs and see that dress style but aside from that it was a wonderful show.

Frankly, I thought Annette looked great. It took all of 15 seconds for me to forget all about the WTF moment when she appeared on stage. Also, I love the Tattoo on her left shoulder.

WE caught the show in Phoenix on Sunday night, and to say the show was awesome is an understatement, it was the best I have ever heard Nightwish, and Sonata Atctica WOW their show was great, both bands were spot on, the sound system at The Marquee theater was unbelievable.
The show was a sell out, and we got to hang out with Nightwish all day, as we were all in the same hotel, in fact Ewo was right across the hall. The funniest thing was Marco washing his clothes at the venue to find out the dryer there was broken, and he had to hang his clothes in the trees outside the venue. all in all a very memorable experience, and then they spent Yesterday here in El Paso, and again we had a blast.
Yeah Annette's new look bothers me also, the short blonde hair has got to go.

Frankly, I thought Annette looked great. It took all of 15 seconds for me to forget all about the WTF moment when she appeared on stage. Also, I love the Tattoo on her left shoulder.

I missed you at the show, where were you standing for the show.

Now I'm curious... Do you have a picture of that?

9-13-08111.jpg

This must be an older picture, because when I saw them at the HoB in Chicago not even two weeks ago, it was short and spiky...still blonde though.....very poor choice of hairstyle.
At the Chicago show her wardrobe consisted of a horrid 1950's looking school girl outfit.
I won't comment on my opinion of their performance because it won't be nice.
:Smug:

I saw the show in Philly - their opening performance on this tour, and I thought their performance was amazing. I never was a fan of Nightwish in the Tarja-era (couldn't stand her voice) so I didn't see them live then, but I like the new stuff with Annette so much better. Yeah, she might wear funny clothes and her new hairstyle is kinda not suiting for her, but I don't judge performers by their looks. It's about the music. However this may sound contradictory, Tuomas playing on stage with his shirt opened ...hello! not bad to have eye candy! (sorry I am female) But I really did enjoy the performance. I think Annette is a great front-woman and she got the audience at the Philly show really into it.

Annette has had a different outfit at every gig on this leg of tour and her hair has been gradually getting blonder since June when she appered auburn and later in the summer moved through a number of red tints towards her natural blond which she now appears to be.

That pic Glenn posted is from Frisco at The Fillmore on 12th. She wore those hair extensions that night. This set of pics is from LA at The Wiltern on 13th. ...Yeah that's her own hair and color... She's a Swede after all, you know :saint:

Sorry about double post. This news is posted on the Nightwish.com main site news:

16.09.2008 - Houston -concert 9/19/08 has been cancelled

Nightwish concert in "The Meridian", Houston, has been unfortunately cancelled because of the damages caused by hurricane Ike.

:cry::cry::cry:

I was front and center on the rail the whole night. I was looking for you in line because Curufin told me you'd be there, but I guess I missed you too.

We didn't have to wait in line, we were either on the tour bus or inside with Nightwish from around 2:00 pm. I was front and center at the beginning but moved to the wall on the left as you face the stage in a chair in the AARP section, and my daughter Mary Stayed there on the rail the whole night, she was the one in the black corset, that Emppu reached over and gave the picks too. in a chair in the AARP section.

wait.. that was you? with the VIP badge? And your daughter? Son of a bitch, I was the guy next to the short guy to the left of your daughter. Rotflmao!

ROTFLMAO, and we talked for a minute also this is so funny, and yeppers that was so with the VIP badges.

Sorry about double post. This news is posted on the Nightwish.com main site news:

:cry::cry::cry:

Yeah the Meridian is totally flooded and all of downtown Houston is a mess, there are still parts of the city without power, so this is not a case of Nightwish cancelling but Hurrican IKE cancelling the show.