Nile album updates

The time has come for a full Nile update. The recordings are now complete and it is just crushing. There is lots of serious metal here - brutal riffage, killer drumming and the usual bludgeoning Nile vocals. I'll let Karl get into more detail on the Nile board if he wishes, so I'll just say that this stuff has me VERY excited. It's an all round raising of the bar for extreme metal. Supertight single foot blasts at 265 bpm...need I say more?

\M/ \M/ \M/

Neil K.

I can hardly wait...

The forthcomming Nile album is the only death metal album I forsee matching the awesome "Harnessing Ruin" by the mighty Immolation this year!

When will it be released, I wonder? Late summer perhaps?

I really hope that pics were taken of some of the sessions. I'd love to see your mic setup on the amps, drums, etc. I am really, really looking forward to this new CD, as I have been a Nile fan for a while, and fan of your work for even longer.

265 bpm one foots? Wow. I cant wait to hear it. But I have serious questions about recording at these speeds! I have been doing this fast death metal stuff for a few years now and I have found that the faster they go, the harder it is to get a good recording. Those last Nile records sounded bad for mostly engineering reasons but the speed at which they play does not help!

Im doing my own band, Vile next month and were taking the songs down from the 220 bpm double bass and 230 bpm blasts we did on the last album to about 205-210 average on this new one. Im looking forward to getting a much clearer and more focused sound. I guess its a combination of things. One is the faster you play the harder it is to get good takes. Say you replace all the drums, well then you have the problems of the guitarists getting their takes and the bassist is going to have to fake it usually.

I look forward to hearing what you do to keep these problems in check Neil.

Colin

Thanks Exsanguis. To be honest I don't think we took any pictures of anything as our schedule was just heads down from day 1. I can tell you exactly what I used on every instrument though if that will help :)

Colin, we're just going for it with total abandon. Everything is sounding nice and clear which is a good sign. (I'm mixing the fastest stuff first as it's always the toughest to get real clarity on). I don't replace anything except the kick drum (for sonic consistency reasons). I reinforce the snare and leave the toms alone (apart from cleaning the tracks up a bit).

Good luck with your new project. I've never heard Vile but I've heard good things about you guys.

Neil K.

is this the same vile that opened for cannibal corpse.The Singer was "billy milano" fat type person.they were very funny.but I don't know if they were actually good becuse they a real short set and I was very drunk.

I'd love to hear what you used for this CD. From what you've said here and on the Derek Roddy board, I'm sure this is gonna be one of the favorite records of the year.