NILE - SA - Connection?

Occam's Razor

Andreas - LotFP
Feb 19, 2002
Ste-Adèle, Quebec
What do we read on our favourites site for mostly insignificant metal trivia blabbermouth.net? - SA Members have teamed up with Nile's Karl Sanders for some black metal madness...who, what, where, when?

Does this band have any recordings? Who does what in the band? What's the band's name? I have got to hear Steinar playing black metal. And I would LOVE to hear Asgeir playing some good old fashioned black metal with those immaculate, delicious blastbeats of his.

Well yea, I've heard them in Borknagar, that's why I want to hear them MORE in a "true" environment. They're some of the best blast beats I've ever heard!

"Unnamed project one: Before I left Norway this past August, I recorded three tracks of savagely innovative black metal with members of SPIRAL ARCHITECT, SATYRICON, and LUNARIS. I will return to Norway in a few weeks to record 6 or 7 more songs for this album which is due out next spring. I understand that we are booked to play Inferno 2006 in Oslo, Norway on April 14th."

OK, pretty vague. They don't even have a name yet and they're about to play in half a year on Inferno, while they've not even got a record out. Weirrrrd.

Hieronimus said:
"Unnamed project one: Before I left Norway this past August, I recorded three tracks of savagely innovative black metal with members of SPIRAL ARCHITECT, SATYRICON, and LUNARIS. I will return to Norway in a few weeks to record 6 or 7 more songs for this album which is due out next spring. I understand that we are booked to play Inferno 2006 in Oslo, Norway on April 14th."

OK, pretty vague. They don't even have a name yet and they're about to play in half a year on Inferno, while they've not even got a record out. Weirrrrd.
I'm assuming that's Karl.

So no Karl Sanders on it? Damn.

So this disc is going to feature two drummers? Laureano and Asgeir? They've got absolutely different styles. I take Laureano for more as a death metal drummer, but he also did session work with Dimmut at one point, didn't he?

He's a good drummer but both Derek Roddy and their new one, the Greek dude on their last disc, are lightyears better in my opinion.

My deepest respect to one of the best bands i have ever come across and as a musician myself I am happy to hold Spiral Architect as one of the reasons I am pushing myself....
so asgeir can u even compare to what frost is doing on 1349 or hellhammer on mayhem? Listening to your Borknagar and spiral architect stuff u are definately going to be someone else in the black metal project. We asians are definately looking forward to your stuff but then again since i am a huuuuuuge frost fan i couldnt help ask this question because 1349 for me brought back everything with frost being everything he is not in satyricon...so?....how black is ur bm project?

asgeir said:
I never rehearse (50% of all I play end up on albums...). Frost rehearse all the time and is INSANELY FAST! I'll NEVER be as fast as him!

- Asgeir

You never rehearse? Do you sight-read all of SA's stuff?

Hieronimus said:

come out come out.....who are u man? and what is this thing about two drummers in ur band??? come on tell us cos someone think u are tony or karl!!!savagely innovative black metal eh? super technical i presume...neat!