Nine eleven

Gurgelguff

Rock tonajt
Nov 17, 2001
Sweden
www.dagswano.st
A dark day: W.T.C, Pinochet, the murder of the Swedish foreign minister
On the good side: the first N.G rehersal for the new album took place today.
We worked on two brand new songs and our asses were kicked :headbang:
The style is a lot more prog than before. I have over 30 minutes worth of music and Dan have plans for a 20 min epic so there´s a lot of music hanging around. I´ll keep you updated

New album already, when it's just been a year from Invisible and you recorded Nightfall Overture in the meantime as well and Dan is busy with Second Sky? Wow, you guys rock :D

That 20 minute epic sounds cool.

This album won't have anything to do with the Breathing Shadow, I suppose?

My "9/11" memory was actually about a month or so after 9/11. I was with Jim Raggi picking up the guys from the Atlanta airport and Dag (Tom Nouga/Gurgelguff) started talking about putting a shirt around his head and yelling things (I assume because customs was a bitch). I thought it was funny but I was like 'oh shit' because I knew they would get jumped so fast.

This has led me to believe that all Swedish people are crazy fuckers! :p

Good memories!!

i still don't understand why they decided to call it '9/11', its like, (can't remember) but if it happened on a monday, we'd be freaking out every monday "oh man, its monday again." you know? i think people need to look forward in a positive way-- like new Nightingale!!!!

This album won't have anything to do with the Breathing Shadow, I suppose?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely none. Maybe in 20 years time when we have run out of new songs we´ll go back and re-record again :D

9/11/1992 is the day that Hurricane Iniki did a lot of damage to the island I used to live on, Kaua'i. A lot of bad things happen on that damn day...

Go Nightingale!

Glad to hear the new album is gonna be more prog than hard rock. As good as Invisible was, I think it ended up being my least favourite Nightingale disc, as it's too much like Alive Again without the prog touch.

Are you writing anything in the vein of TCC meets I, Dag?

batmura said:
Glad to hear the new album is gonna be more prog than hard rock. As good as Invisible was, I think it ended up being my least favourite Nightingale disc, as it's too much like Alive Again without the prog touch.

Are you writing anything in the vein of TCC meets I, Dag?

Yes, same here, too much Hardrock on Invisible.
But "The Wake" and "Stalingrad" and "Atlantis Rising" are some killer tunes
More prog and darker would be my wish. :cool:

The style is more prog for sure but there will always be some elements of hardrock in N.G. I don´t really understad why earlier albums is "darker" than "Invisible". I can´t think of anything "darker" than "Stalingrad" on any N.G disc. There is some dark moments for sure on those earlier albums but "Scarred for life" "Still in the dark (!)"
"Steal the moon" "So long" "Shadowman" "State of shock" "Into the light" i don´t think it´s very dark ( I don´t mention T.B.S. why ? It´s a Dan soloalbum in a totally different style, dark for sure )

Gurgelguff said:
The style is more prog for sure but there will always be some elements of hardrock in N.G. I don´t really understad why earlier albums is "darker" than "Invisible". I can´t think of anything "darker" than "Stalingrad" on any N.G disc. There is some dark moments for sure on those earlier albums but "Scarred for life" "Still in the dark (!)"
"Steal the moon" "So long" "Shadowman" "State of shock" "Into the light" i don´t think it´s very dark ( I don´t mention T.B.S. why ? It´s a Dan soloalbum in a totally different style, dark for sure )

Hard to describe.
Maybe I mean melancholie instead of darkness.
"Scarred for Life" and "So long" are this in my opinion. It's a differnt feeling thats progressing. "TCC" and "I" have a similar mood. And "Alive Again" and "Invisible" are pretty similar imo.
I never said that Stalingrad isn't dark. It would be fine if the new album would be in "Stalingrad" and "Eternal" tradition.
But you can do whatever you want. It's your band. I'll buy it anyway.