Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts (instrumental)

outerone

Alchemy of the Sorcerer
Feb 9, 2006
San Francisco
Nine Inch Nails just dropped a new album called "Ghosts", part 1 for free (tracks 1-9) and the rest of the 36 tracks on the album for 5 dollars!!

Now Ive never been hudge fan of the band, just can never get into Trent Reznors vocals and his vocal writing. But when I heard about this album dropping I was curious because I do like the music behind the vocals.

The details of the album were pretty exiting also. You can download the first part of the album for free which also comes with artwork for each track and you can pay 5 bucks and get the whole 36 track album. I tested the first nine songs and I liked it so IU bought all the tracks.

I would definetly recomend this to fans of Ulver. Dark ambient nighttime soundscapes!! Really nice for a late night creative session.

It was also nice to see another band go the route of free music. Artist are really adopting to the changing world of music distribution. The 36 tracks you download also comes with a large pdf full of cool images and some screensavers.

If your interested more infor here:
http://ghosts.nin.com/main/order_options

Like I said I really do recomend this to fans of Ulver!!

Interesting that with one of the options you can download it in multitrack format so you can do your own remixes! Pretty cool idea.

It's the $75 option, btw.

I'm listening to the samples now, sounds really good. I've always been a fan of NIN minus the last 2 albums. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Interesting that with one of the options you can download it in multitrack format so you can do your own remixes! Pretty cool idea.

It's the $75 option, btw.

Plus there also other file options, I believe one is high quality version. Which is nice because when Radiohead released their album people were complaining about the mp3 quality.

Much respect to NIN for a great release.

And who says music downloading is hurting the industry, if theres someone who adapts to the changing world they will succeed. NIN has sold out of the deluxe edition of the album which cost $300, 2,500 were available... so that makes 750 thousand pieces of green paper with little president heads printed on them. DAMN!! Plus that doesnt include the money made from all the other available download purchases. I know I spent 5 bucks on the whole 36 track list.

This album was pretty damn good. Listened to it in full the other night when doing some homework, great shit. Also nice to see that the files are 320k MP3s as opposed to the 128 or 160s that Radiohead did.

its rough to get through the entire album. just because its SO long. but if you take it in small doses. its grand. my favorite nin album after the fragile easly.

Cheers to trent reznor and nine inch nails, a great musician and a great band. I'm not surprised to see them doing this.

Good album btw, it works especially well for certain moods...

So, after listening to the whole thing, which took a while, I think it's really good.

Interestingly, I think the songs are actually more like vignettes. They sound great, but they don't go much of anywhere. Strangely, that doesn't bother me a whole lot. It reminds me of a film score, where each of these "songs" is a cue for a scene.

Really quite good for five bucks!

Next I wish NIN would do an accoustic folky album... I saw them play acoustic at the Bridge Benefit concert and they sounded amazing.