No exactly metal, but ...

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
I just received this e-mail from one FotV alumni and wanted to share it with you all:

Hello friends,
For a long time, I had a strong desire to expand my voice in other forms of music.
Opera is one of those (the Italian side of me) and world fusion is the other (the middle eastern side of me).
Dendura happens to fall somewhere in between but showcases my love for metal. During the down time
from playing Dendura shows, I had the itch to start another project. Not metal, not opera, but world fusion.

With this said, please allow me to introduce my latest project AzizA. Simply my name. Many world fusion
groups just name the group after the front person and though we were seeking other names, the band agreed
using my name would be best for this project.

FROM WEBSITE:
AzizA, the band is the newest project of front person Aziza Poggi as she further explores her roots.
Together with Ensemble Al-Asdeka members Kathy Roberts, multi-instumentalist Daniel Giacobazzi
and Dendura guitarist Paul Stein, Aziza uses regional vocal technique to translate song into musical emotion.

Visit www.azizaworld.com for member bios and more info.
www.azizaworld.com

We will be performing out this summer! I will have an update on Dendura and all the good things we are doing in the next few days!
Dendura also will be coming back out this summer for shows and working on some new songs. More news to follow.
Thanks for all your support!

Aziza

I love Aziza's voice, so I'm excited to see what comes from this project.

From a similar realm:

Dear Dendurians,
I wanted to give you a thorough update on the happenings of Dendura. I'm sure you
are all wondering when we are finishing our album w/ Grammy producer Neil Kernon
named "A Divine World" and when we are getting back out to the stage in support of it.
Here is the low down. First, as you know, the economy is very bad!!!!! And everyone
here in Dendura, has felt that effect so we had to put Neil's album on hold for financial reasons.
We have done all we can at this point. Killzone Records is also feeling the financial pinch and
does not have the finances to help us finish the album.
We wouldn't go this far without finishing it but we are just putting it on hold until we have
a solid plan to get it complete. Now in the meantime, we will be putting out another self produced
album that Killzone Records will be picking up instead of "A Divine World" to fulfill our 1 album
deal on Killzone. We are writing new material for this album (album B we will call it) and will let you know
when we have it recorded. We are not going to just throw something out there so please
be patient while we work on album B. We also will be coming back out to do shows this summer
and performing some of these new songs we have written. We thank you all for your patience and support.
Watch our new website for exciting news going on with Dendura at www.dendura.com
and thank you for your thoughts and concerns. We will see you soon!!!!

Sincerely,
Dendura

--
Egyptian themed prog metal
www.myspace.com/denduraband