DENDURA Parts Ways With Bassist Jason Stevens

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
DENDURA, the female-fronted, progressive metal band from Grand Rapids, Michigan, has parted ways with bassist Jason Stevens. He explained in a statement, "DENDURA is on an exciting and difficult journey; a journey where soul-searching is required and utmost dedication is expected. For those of you that do not know yet, my wife was recently diagnosed with cancer and it would be impossible for me to give DENDURA the dedication that they need from a bass player right now and it would be even more unfair to my wife and family to be touring and be gone while she fights cancer alone. My journey with DENDURA has ended on good and friendly terms. I wish my friends Aziza, Steve, Paul and Justin the very best. As well as my friend Mike please take good care of them on the road. I am where I am needed the most. And I thank all of the fans of DENDURA for their support and understanding. I will miss you all."

Read more on Blabbermouth.

Wow. It can't have been easy for Jason to come to this decision, but it seems to be a point that most musicians come to at some point in their lives - family or music. It certainly is hard enough to find a balance for the two in one's life, but then to have other things like health issues thrown into the mix doesn't make it any easier.

Jason was so friendly when I had the opportunity to speak with him at last year's FotV festival. It seemed like he must have had a smile on his face all day. He really enjoyed playing and being around other musicians.

I hope some way Jason will still be able to continue with music even if it's not in the capacity that he has worked with Dendura. Best to him and his family. :headbang:

thanks for your kind words Bobbie. We have seen people come and go in Dendura, and Jason's was the hardest of them all. Being, he didn't want to leave, but what choice did he really have? We are all remaining friends with him and if side projects arise, we will be doing them with Jason. Couldn't ask for a nicer person to have in a band. I met his wife and she is a sweetheart too. Thanks for posting and we hope to see you at FOTV 3 next yr while we go on tour. (hint, hint.. LOL),
Aziza

Thank You Bobbie and Dendura and everyone that has posted to this Thread.
No This was not easy for me nor was it easy for the rest of the members of Dendura. We all share a very tight bond with each other and are very much like a family and still are. I could not ask for better friends than the ones I have with Dendura as well as all the people I have meet over the last year. I thank each and every one of you for your kind words and well wishes.
Thank You!
Jason Stevens