No Life Til Leather/Jump In The Fire

Deatheadrummer

Deathead drummer
Feb 6, 2003
Texas
deathead1.tripod.com
I was just listening to the NLTL version of Jump In The Fire and was wondering if any of you ever noticed the different lyrics to it? I actually kind of enjoy them a little more. You can tell they were written by Mustaine cuz they are kinda Mechanix-ish. More about sex than satan. I find it really amusing. what do you all think?

They are pretty funny. Some parts make you think what it could be the real meaning and then the implied meaning. Like the first line "sittin in my room, with my head in my hands." Is he crying or jecking off?? I never thought about the jerkin thing till my buddy said it as a joke. Who knows.

Originally posted by Deatheadrummer
I was just listening to the NLTL version of Jump In The Fire and was wondering if any of you ever noticed the different lyrics to it? I actually kind of enjoy them a little more. You can tell they were written by Mustaine cuz they are kinda Mechanix-ish. More about sex than satan. I find it really amusing. what do you all think?

I have a copy of this too. After reading this I popped my copy in.
Haven't heard it in about a year plus. I'm not familiar with the "old" lyrics. It's interesting, though my copy is so shitty, I now recall why I rarely listen to it. Now that you've pointed this out. It's kind of funny. It's more about sex. I am glad they kept the different lyrics. Do you think it would have ruined their credibilty had they kept the "old" lyrics?!:D

I dunno if it would have changed their credibility seeing as how Megadeth used The Mechanix and it didn't hurt them any. Matter of fact it is one of their most requested songs live I believe, even if the lyrics are completely stupid.