No opening act?

russiaonice

Jun 30, 2005
there's no opening act for chicago and new york (maybe more but i cant remember) could this possibly mean a longer setlist including GR all they way through?:Spin: because new york and chicago are some big stops that i'm sure DT would like to play too. just like opeth did with the damnation setlist maybe? i smell a dvd seeing that there is footage of takin from the recording process. I got some high hopes :erk:

I got some high hopes

Shyeah you ain't kidding.

If they were playing a longer set, they'd probably just go longer into the night. I mean it isn't unheard of to get home from a gig at 4am (assuming minimal sidetracks and partying).

They're billed as "An Evening With Opeth," which sounds remarkably reminiscent of Dream Theater's coming "A Very Special Evening With Dream Theater." Dream Theater will probably have like a 3 hour setlist, and they are recording footage for a dvd (can't wait!!!!) so I wouldn't be surprised if Opeth is doing the same thing. Which would make sense - they don't have any live footage with Per in them do they? If we're lucky, this is the case, because that will basically mean the sound will be as good as possible.

What I want to know is, are tickets for the NY date available anywhere? None on ticketmaster, none on the Town Hall site...

For live footage of Per, refer to Lamentations DVD.

your noobness aside. I hope they do record thsoe gigs for another DVD. That would be nice.

I imagine the show will run from maybe 7:30 to 9:30, with a break in between. Or it's possible they'll do set of old rare songs, a soft set, and then a favorites set. I can't wait. I've seen DT and DTB already, so no need for openers. Chicago has been lucky to get the PT DVD shoot and now this, but we should have had Emperor here.

Well, I just went to ticketmaster to see when the tickets will be on sale for the Chicago show and this is what they are calling it now:
Decible Mag Pres Chronology McMxciv - MMV, a Live Observation By Opeth

Interesting.....

Actually, 'An Evening With...' is almost in the dictionary for being an extended set, so count on it. Many bands have done it before.

As someone pointed out in another thread, they shouldn't film a DVD without Lopez, unless they paste him in :D.