Nocturnus (A.D.)-Paradox

Seasonofsin

New Metal Member
Dec 25, 2015
769176.jpeg
So, Nocturnus just released their first album since 1999, and I think we need to discuss it. I haven't seen a thread on this yet, so I apologize if this is a repeat forum. The Key was such an innovative piece of music for the time, so far ahead of itself. Nocturnus was subjectively one of the pioneers of tech way back when (a very arguable statement), and one of the first bands to introduce science fiction into extreme music.

Being one of my favourite bands, I was pretty fucking stoked when I saw that Nocturnus, while still using that stupid "After Death" monkier that so many bands seem to be doing now, would be releasing a new album. Sure, there's no Richard Bateman, or Gino Marino or anything like that, but Mike Browning reprising his killer role on the drums, and his unique vocals is pretty nuts!

As a whole, I think this record was so good. It was like The Key: Part II. It was wonky, it was strange, it had obnoxious keyboard. The riffs felt pretty experimental at times, and I really hope that Mike Browning & The Funky bunch are back. Let' be honest, this is more of a Mike Browning project than it is for anybody else.

Thoughts? Opinions? Let's discuss!