Noltem - "Illusions in the Wake" (2021, Transcending Obscurity Records)

FOR THOSE WHO STILL GIVE A SHIT

Pre-orders are live. I don't know why or how, but they went all-out for this release. There's three colored vinyl variants, a cd box set, a regular digi cd, and a load of shirts/hoodies. Two songs are streaming over on that bandcamp link. In an ideal world, we'd be receiving a large amount of complementary artist copies, and then I could send them to you guys for a greatly reduced price. Unfortunately we aren't getting many copies, so I don't know what I'll have after they're split 3-ways. Please keep in mind that these vinyls might not be ready until early 2022, as there is a 6-9 month lead time for pressings like this. CDs should land in October. Thanks everybody.

Awesome work man. This is fantastic. Really gorgeous packaging too. Any chance of a US release?

Reactions: MFJ
just saw this: https://transcendingobscurity.aisamerch.com/item/101186

c797a0ce90e7e6982d32bfc9f6730c45.jpg

46c53ce259f9327462ab4cea9a1e3d59.jpg

a coaster, huh? i like it

Yeah dude, its crazy. I can't believe how much stuff they're making. If you visit www.noltemband.bandcamp.com, they're selling:

Three colored vinyl variants
Regular digi CD
"Coffin" shaped CD box set (which actually looks way cooler than I thought it would)
T-Shirts
Girlie T-shirts
Longsleeve shirts
Zip Hoodie
Pullover Hoodie

Like WTF how this is not an insanely risky venture for your business? I certainly appreciate the faith that they have in our album.

Depends how many of those he's making but yeah, seems he's got big things in mind. To be honest, based on the flagship product (aka the physical/digital medium), he might have a point, even though the age of circlejerks belongs in the fucking past

Do you know how many coffin shaped boxed sets I own?

Probably 3. And now soon to be 4!

Max, do you know how many CDs they are pressing?

Also, for the Muricans, I would use https://transcendingobscurity.aisamerch.com/ instead of bandcamp for $ instead of euros.

It seems they have no idea when it's being released

"Please be aware that this is a pre-order item. Expected to ship on or around December 17, 2021 *

Due to this item being an import, the ship date has been set to allow for potential delays. We expect the item to ship sooner and we will adjust the ship date once we have final confirmation."

"Release Date: November 15, 2021"

"Official release date - October 15th, 2021"

At least they are consistently in the middle of each month

The way they're doing this is definitely weird and confusing. The "official" release date is October 10th (the digital album becomes available and is then delivered to streaming services)

All of the other dates are a worst case scenario estimate for when the physical stuff will start to come in. This is all based up on the manufacturing lead times and the fact that this label is putting out a crazy volume of music in 2021.

CDs and clothing items should arrive on or before October 15th
Vinyl should arrive on or before February 2022 (they still think it's likely to arrive much earlier)

They have a US warehouse which will be receiving the CDs and LPs, but it appears that merch will only be available through the European store and/or Bandcamp. The release dates in the US store are based upon when the items are expected to actually arrive in the USA. Again, these are their 'worst case scenario' estimates.

It's complicated but I'm hoping that it all comes together without too much bullshit. Thanks again to everyone who bought a copy or is planning to in the future. The pre-orders have been pretty successful so far, and for that I am grateful.

edit: and I guess there are now some European shipping dates which are somewhere in between the other two.

Glad to hear the pre-orders are going well.

Ive had bad luck with preorders in the past, so I will probably wait till its actually in the US warehouse.

I absolutely wouldn’t blame anyone for waiting a while… it’s quite a gap. To answer your question, the box set is limited to 75 copies. No limit on the regular digipack.