Noltem - "Illusions in the Wake" (2021, Transcending Obscurity Records)

Max, you getting every color tape shell to match the gay flag?

All Violet Cold items | Season of Mist USA (season-of-mist.com)

That band/dude is nigh impossible to escape.

LOL! Wtf dude, now I feel left out. I'm going to demand similar treatment from our label.

But seriously: nah fuck that. If someone was like BEGGING us to a do a tape version then I'd probably allow it. I just don't see the point. The "Mannaz" tapes were very cool and also somewhat sentimental since my friend made them all by hand. He had them professionally dubbed and somehow like 10-15 of the tapes were recorded at half speed so it ended up sounding like a funeral doom EP. It was kind of cool but I ended up losing about $150 when I had to re-ship new copies to several buyers in Europe/Australia. They also just sounded like total shit overall (as tapes do).

Max ... like I said before on IG ... Figment is fucking brilliant. I'm buying the vinyl, but yeah closer to release date.
Every band/label are doing these 3 month pre-order timelines now. I would assume to guesstimate demand or are they pressing based on the numbers of pre-orders only?

LOL! Wtf dude, now I feel left out. I'm going to demand similar treatment from our label.

But seriously: nah fuck that. If someone was like BEGGING us to a do a tape version then I'd probably allow it. I just don't see the point. The "Mannaz" tapes were very cool and also somewhat sentimental since my friend made them all by hand. He had them professionally dubbed and somehow like 10-15 of the tapes were recorded at half speed so it ended up sounding like a funeral doom EP. It was kind of cool but I ended up losing about $150 when I had to re-ship new copies to several buyers in Europe/Australia. They also just sounded like total shit overall (as tapes do).
I just found my Hymn of the Wood tape yesterday

Max ... like I said before on IG ... Figment is fucking brilliant. I'm buying the vinyl, but yeah closer to release date.
Every band/label are doing these 3 month pre-order timelines now. I would assume to guesstimate demand or are they pressing based on the numbers of pre-orders only?

This is high praise coming from the Lurch! Thanks again for the compliments. Believe it or not, each vinyl variant is set in stone for 100 copies (300 total). The manufacturing lead times are like 6-9 months right now for high-quality, colored vinyl. All of the pressing plants are insanely backed up, as the global demand has officially exceeded the international capacity for manufacturing. Crazy times...

I just found my Hymn of the Wood tape yesterday

Keep it safe, it might be worth like $10 some day!

Looking forward to it ... hopefully I still live at the same address when they ship lol

Reactions: MFJ
Looking forward to it ... hopefully I still live at the same address when they ship lol

After trying to buy a house for a year, I had the same thought every time I ordered something with a long lead time. I ended up sending it all to my work address.