Non metal mastering houses

johnnypreset

The melter of heads
Jun 15, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland.
Or even mastering houses that are great at metal and everything else, any recommendations?

Been asked by a friend to master her album, singer songwriter stuff, superb recording, very dynamic mainly consisting of grand piano, voice and a lot of layered strings. I really can't do it justice with my gear and room.

As opposed to destroying her album I offered to find a decent mastering house at a reasonable rate, preferably UK based although I know there are a few online ones, so if anyone has any experience of a good one feel free to chime in.

Cheers guys.

You might get a good deal with the exchange rate to AUD. Here are the top two places I know of in Oz:

http://www.jackthebear.com.au/home.html

http://www.crystalmastering.com.au/store/default.pl

Deluxe have amazing gear... I got one of my projects mastered there and the set-up is perfect for pristine, acoustic recordings.

Also, on another note I would LOVE to expand my repertoire by mastering something like that. If she wouldn't mind you passing the files along, I'd gladly give a test master a shot for you to see if it fits with your vision of the end product.

Or even mastering houses that are great at metal and everything else, any recommendations?

Been asked by a friend to master her album, singer songwriter stuff, superb recording, very dynamic mainly consisting of grand piano, voice and a lot of layered strings. I really can't do it justice with my gear and room.

As opposed to destroying her album I offered to find a decent mastering house at a reasonable rate, preferably UK based although I know there are a few online ones, so if anyone has any experience of a good one feel free to chime in.

Cheers guys.

I can do a trial run for you.

If not too late I could do it for you. I'm based in Camden, London, have great analog gear, great room and very competitive prices.

I deal with a lot of contemporary/ avantgarde music which sometimes has strings an pianos and a hell of a lot of dynamic range.

You're also welcome to attend to the session.