Nootropics

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Any of ye old fucks ever try your hand at nootropics? After working grave for several years, my brain is starting to sputter like a clogged catalytic. Caffeine is good for alertness, but doesnt lift the fog from my cerebellum. Some nights I'm on and thinking clearly, but then there's some nights where I have difficulty formulating sentences in the rapid fire fashion I once had no problem spewing forth.

Modafinil is supposed to be ace as fuck, but is only available through a prescription via overseas on the dl mailorder. To a lesser degree, there's various types of racetams that will give one increased focus, slight energy boost, and an overall flame under the arse. I myself am going to give Phenylpiracetam, Choline, and ALCAR, a try.

Discuss your experiences if applicable.

I've been using basic Piracetam for the past year or so. I used it in the past with decent results as well. Within the past year, I also experimented stacking it with CDP Choline, Aniracetam, and Oxiracetam.

I don't know what that means. [/phenomenal]

Oh, is this some brain thing? Drink less, read more. That's how I regain clarity. Vitamin B12 also gives a nice physical boost, or so it seems...

Heh, Acetyl L-Carnitine and Choline is about as "medicinal" as fish oil. Phenylpiracetam is something one gains a tolerance to very quickly, so it's not something one would get addictive to and have deleterious effects. All this shit has health benefits. Keep eating your grass fed goats and thinking you're living to 100 lulz, fugging Euros mang. :dopey:

Are you talking about Shift Work Disorder?
Nuvigil and Provigil can be prescribed for that. Consult your primary care physician and get some.

dude, cocaine is like, totally natural man. it made from plants and shit. Stop hatin bro.

I agree with you but it's simply not that easy. Indeed, for the majority of my 13 year career as a professional I've spent working an undesirable shift. To change this I had to spend 4 years and $50000 on a graduate degree. Sure, not everyone has to go that route but really, the options are pretty slim.

I empathize with Jerry. Working third shift blows. There's a reason no one wants to do it and a reason employers provide a financial incentive. I worked 18 hours yesterday. I am totally screwed up today because of it.

I made one small adjustment upon the turn of the New Year. That being that I now hit the hay immediately upon arrival to the homestead. "Unwinding" via watching a quick program always ended up with me feeling like shart upon arising. Now I just throw on a podcast or an album and wake up rejuvenated. My shift always ends at 6:30 am, if I'm working extra hours its tacked on to the front. :dopey:

nootropics?
Modafinil
racetams
Phenylpiracetam, Choline, and ALCAR,

Piracetam
CDP Choline, Aniracetam, and Oxiracetam.

Heh, Acetyl L-Carnitine and Choline
Shift Work Disorder?
Nuvigil and Provigil
This thread is 500x more confusing than the audiophile crap thread to me. I'm in the wrong century.

I do know that working graveyard is unnatural. I've never had to do, but know some who have, RC and otherwise, and as a permanent solution, it is bad. Very bad. Not good.

Jerry, do you ever get to bid on a different shift? My husband's job has shift bids every 6 months or so. He's got enough seniority that he'd never have to work the night shift, but he volunteered for it once. Six months of hell and delirium. Never again.

Others two shifts are riddled with negars and nitwits. Im actually feeling pretty fuggin ace at the interim. ALCAR came in the mail and immediately calmed my homocidal tendencies brought on by a few brews consumed in the wee hours. Going 95% straight edge this year, being a crank the following day is not worth a few hours of libation induced euphoria. 2014 is the year of the natural high. In the words of Bruce Prichard, "I Looooooooooove Youuuuuuuuu."

I can't imagine better stories than those concerning Panda Manchild. But still, perhaps some day, a new shift, a new life, a new writing inspiration?!

I have a cop friend who watches Firefly DVDs in his squad car when forced to work graveyard. He likes it, but after a spell it really takes a toll. Then again, his life isn't exactly normal. Years ago he was in a relationship with a woman who was married to a gay man, as they had a deal worked out with health insurance or something equally ridiculous. After some issues concerning the would-be tryst continuum, it all ended with the following line from him to her:

"We have to break up because your gay husband hates me."