North America Fall 2012 with Opeth

It would be nice if they played an hour or so this time. I feel like Mastodon played longer than Katatonia on Opeth's current tour and just as long as Opeth. Hopefully Katatonia does the same. Maybe they'd switch headliners each night too, but I doubt that.

I truly wish Katatonia were well known in America enough to do their own headlining tour. I would love to see them play a full set this time. I couldn't care less about seeing Opeth again (unless they open for Katatonia, as it should be).

Again?
The two Katatonia headline shows I saw in 2010 were sold out so you'd think they would just do a full headlining tour.
As Anthony said, I hope there's a headlining show sorta close to me. I won't complain if there isn't though since I was lucky enough to catch a LFDGD show last year.

It would be nice if they played an hour or so this time. I feel like Mastodon played longer than Katatonia on Opeth's current tour and just as long as Opeth. Hopefully Katatonia does the same. Maybe they'd switch headliners each night too, but I doubt that.

Mastodon and Opeth co-headlined so it was about the same time.

How nice for you Americans. And how disappointing for the most dedicated European kata- fan :erk:
Please please please :worship: play at least one albumreleasetourwarmupmakecishappyorwhatever- show anywhere in Europe BEFORE that tour. I can't help to feel the urge of being the first who hears their new songs live. It's so frustrating when internet rumours, setlists, videos etc. spoil half of the excitement and surprise. And that would be quite painful and almost impossible to avoid.

Well, allow me to disagree ;) I find a concert most exciting when I don't know what I'll get. I like surprises. At the same time, it will be hard to resist all the temptations that will surely appear in the net. Of course the Kata- excitement can never be completely spoiled. But I want 100% of it, that's what I meant.

Their last North America tour for NITND was a full headlining run before their Opeth dates last fall. Anders had commented in a few interviews about how pleased he was with some of the shows being sold out, and that they were finally seeing the payoff for their persistence in this market. I still would be very surprised if they don't do their own full tour here for the new album not called 'Born from Nothing' - hopefully it happens in 2012. I'd love to do the VIP and then have no idea what to say to them, and hopefully catch 3-4 shows.

I've heard mixed things about Paradise Lost live but I hope they tour the east coast since I've never had the chance to see them.

I saw them in 2008, and then just a few weeks ago in London. They definitely had a lot more 'stage energy' a few years ago, but the music quality is still good.