Silver Haze

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2004
Anybody know if Saxon is heading over to play in
the US & Canada this Spring or Summer?

It sure would be nice to see em Tour over here
again as its been quite awhile since they have
done a North American Tour!!!!

I think this may become a reality considering the band have decided to instigate a second part to their LionHeart European tour.
If all the fans stateside keep requesting it, I'm sure Biff and the lads will decide that it is a financial possibility!
In other words - keep up with the Nagging!

I agree they do need to tour the U.S. since I 've alrady order my Lion Heart tour Shirt, Seattle Wa good use a good ass kicking right now the music seen over here is almost none existant.

RicknRoll said:
I agree they do need to tour the U.S. since I 've alrady order my Lion Heart tour Shirt, Seattle Wa good use a good ass kicking right now the music seen over here is almost none existant.

When was the last time Saxon did a Full Blown North American
Tour anyway?

Any chance of them as Headliner @ 6 Pack Weekend in Cleveland
this year!?!

The last time they were supposed play here it was on the Unleash the Beast Tour at a place here in Seattle called the Fenix under ground but when I went to buy tickets it was canceled why? I do not know

To say the least I was pissed :mad::mad:

Mr Roll and Mr Haze -

I'm sure Vince will let us know when Saxon last played North America and he is the best guy to provide info about any upcoming US dates.
Rick - Man, you must have been well and truly pissed when they cancelled in Seattle! It would be nice to know this occured! Sympathies due, my Good Man!

Thank's Mr. War, yes I was pissed more disapointed I would have to say because if memory service me right I think prior to that date that they were supposed play I think they had not been here since the 80's

Happy late New Year all...
I dont post many messages here, but I to read them all every week or so to see whats going on in the Saxon world. Yes, it would be great to see the blokes in USA again. I will be at the next show that comes anywhere near New York or New Jersey.
I really like the HMT, Killing Ground and Lionheart albums. I like them because they are fresh and modern. Listening to Power and Glory and Inocense albums today is certainly a blast from the past, but the new albums get played louder and more often in my home. It's just a pure breakout from the stereotype 80's stuff.

See you all at the next show!

BTW - Any american folks see the Great White interview on Larry King last night?
That is a hurting band. I mean that by saying that are really crying. It was certainly a mistake putting pyro in an old barn that was oversold on attendance. Great White must live with that and I wish everyone involved a recovery. The music business and life on the road is tough for older bands. Tougher when there are lawers chasing you all over the continent.

Peace to all.
-Mike

It would be a big mistake for Saxon not to promote this release in the states.If ever a Cd could boost their appeal in the states its Lionheart. Most new CDS i play for a few days and move on but Lionheart is something special probally one of my favorites next to power and the Glory and the Strong Arm of the law. If they could give this a proper promotion in the states it would help them greatly Lionheat is the perfect CD to try to push to america. If only the latest Maiden and Dios CDS were half as good as Lionheart

I know how you feel, I haven't seen this band since the eighties, I thought that they went the way of the dinosaur. I had tickets to see them with the crue in 83. They cancelled and were replaced by accept. Man I was pissed, but accept were really good and I got over it. I did manage to see them twice after that, once at the old concert hall in Toronto and then at Rock and Roll heaven, also in To. The place only held about 1200 or so and they blew it apart. The following year they were supposed to headline Maple Leaf Gardens for the Rock The Nations tour, wouldn't you know it, CANCELLED. After that I never heard much about them, I knew they were still holding their own in the UK and Europe but I live in Canada where metal is mostly forgotten. I eventually gave up looking for their stuff for years until one day I sifted through the back of the s section of the record store, like I always do, just hoping to find something, and there I found Unleash The Beast. I checked the album release date, and I exaulted, THEY'RE ALIVE! I bought it and have been wondering ever since, what else they had done. I recently bought this computer and went searching. I searched British Metal and found a Saxon link. I have missed several albums, I have a lot of saxon to catch up on, anyone have any suggestions where to start. I have the first half dozen albums and two live albums but even that is all from the eighties. SAXON ROCKS.
RicknRoll said:
The last time they were supposed play here it was on the Unleash the Beast Tour at a place here in Seattle called the Fenix under ground but when I went to buy tickets it was canceled why? I do not know

To say the least I was pissed :mad::mad:

checkout Heavy Metal thunder . Its not just a hits CD everything has been re recorded by the new line up and the older songs are real heavy . Princess of the night rocks so hard youll be so spoiled you will never listien to the original again definatly checkit out. Im in the same boat as far as pretty much forgetting Saxons 90s albums and after heavy metal thunder i checked out Unleash the beast and the title track alone brought me back to the fold. Checkout Lionheart to see how they are still alive and kicking and better than ever.. not a filler on it in my opinion its ranks as one their best... If other metal bands could put out something as good as lionheart( like Iron maiden,Dio ,the crue and priest) 80s metal would be back in a big way. havent gotten around to killing ground yet but from what i have read its next on my list..I just need to stop listiening to lionheart to make room for a new CD I havent stopped playing lionheart since i picked it up last month

Fred B said:
havent gotten around to killing ground yet but from what i have read its next on my list..

thats a good choice too..and look on the backsite of the killing ground cd The name Saxon is there written in runestone characters and also the titletrack Killing Ground.. ( In mirror handwrite, from right to left, see below) its old futhark-anglosaksion...hope you like the cd just as I did enjoy it Fred B

I'M IN. I'D LOVE TO SEE SAXON IN THE STATES OR ANYWHERE FUR THAT MATTER. SAW THEM IN THE MIDDLE SLOT OF IRON MAIDEN/FASTWAY TOUR JULY 83 IN MEMPHIS. FIRST TIME MY VIRGIN LIPS SMOKED A DOOBIE. COOL SHOW. KINDA LOST TOUCH OF THEM AFTER THE ROCK THE NATIONS CD, WHICH WAS KILLER. I LOVED THE DRUMMING. JUST SAW THE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT VIDEO ON VH1 CLASSIC. FLASHPOTS RULE!!!

:yow:
SUGARDADDY said:
I'M IN. I'D LOVE TO SEE SAXON IN THE STATES OR ANYWHERE FUR THAT MATTER. SAW THEM IN THE MIDDLE SLOT OF IRON MAIDEN/FASTWAY TOUR JULY 83 IN MEMPHIS. FIRST TIME MY VIRGIN LIPS SMOKED A DOOBIE. COOL SHOW. KINDA LOST TOUCH OF THEM AFTER THE ROCK THE NATIONS CD, WHICH WAS KILLER. I LOVED THE DRUMMING. JUST SAW THE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT VIDEO ON VH1 CLASSIC. FLASHPOTS RULE!!!