North Korea has nuclear weapons

I don't mind Americans at all - I've known and liked quite a few in Indonesia over the years. I just don't like shit governments headed by a moron. :)

Well, North Korea is part of the Axis of Evil (with Iran and Iraq) so you would think they would be near the top of the list of countries to invade. But really, who polices the US? What's going to happen when the US annihilates all of the countries that are developing nuclear weapons, leaving America as the only country with them?

We're all doomed.
frown.gif
I've got a question for you: isn't one nuclear superpower better than two (or three or four or five, etc)? Sure, they might have total dominance over the rest of the world, but at least they won't have any legitimate threat on which to actually use their nuclear capabilities.

I reckon that if it so happened that the U.S. were the only country in the world with nuclear capabilities, I wouldn't find that so bad. It's not that I don't like the fact that other countries have nuclear programs... what DOES worry me is that most of those countries are not Australian allies. At least the U.S. have strong ties to us in a lot of areas, so we're safe if they end being sole nuclear power.

Besides, even if it DOES happen, there will still be Russia, the UK, France, Germany, China etc to keep them in check (even without nuclear weapons, a coalition of the majority of the rest of the world is sure the convince the U.S. to keep their feet on the ground).

But having said that, I absolutely don't agree with the U.S.'s stance of pre-emptive strikes (akin to terrorism) against other countries who have not explicitly threatened anyone. The whole notion of "liberating" other countries and "helping them move towards the American ideal of how life should be" really shits me.

So I would disagree if the U.S. decided to invade North Korea (or Iran for that matter), but once it's all said and done I wouldn't be too miffed that the have one less nuclear-capable enemy.

Yo man , good post , you pretty much hit the nail on the head right there .
The only thing that would be even better is if we didnt have any countries in the world with nuclear weapons , then that would be awesome , but that would exist in an utopian society which will never exist unfortunately.
The whole liberation bullshit is getting a bit tired on these ears as well , the rest of the world is not stupid when it comes to this stupid talk, they would be better off saying "look we need the oil and need to build a pipeline that we have wanted for the last 3 decades " heh heh , I'm only being cynical of course .

chrisvp said:
The only thing that would be even better is if we didnt have any countries in the world with nuclear weapons

Unfortunately that will never happen.... American would never disarm because "Muhamed from Libya said that Ahkmed from Iran knows that Ahmed from Iraq might have a bomb" and other countries won't stop trying to obtain nuclear weapons because they believe it gives them the edge when it comes to dealing with other countries.

When you think about it, they are absolutely right. What better way to get what you want then to threaten to shove an a-bomb up someone's butt!