Norwegian Grammy Awards

Apocalyptic

New Metal Member
Mar 2, 2002
first door on left
www.deoxy.org
Hello
I was just wondering if any of you caught the Norwegian Grammies to see who won for best hard rock album. I know Emperor, Borknagar and Dimmu Borgir were in there. Hopefully Dimmu doesnt win, because the new Dimmu doesnt compare to the new Emperor or the new Borknagar. Anyway, just wondering if any of you knew. Thanks.
-Derek

I'd be interested to know who won too. It's strange that so many great bands can actually have the recognition they'd never get in countries like the U.S etc.

Australia is just as bad, pandering to the middle paced rock scene. It's fucking pathetic.

Yupp, Dimmu Borgir won. Since they're touring in the
USA they didn't get any attention :eek:/ I was hoping
for Borkangar since it's the album I've been listening
to the most, but I think Emperor is probably the best
release out of the three.....

BUT!!! Check out this post by Hellspawn on the
Vintersorg forum. The award is no way "fair"...so....
Well, here we go -->

well, they only won 'cuz the rulez for who wins are just plain stupid! first of all there is 5 persons, who know about the genre, they deside who get to go to the final(those who are named at the show(so far, so good)). but those who deside who wins of those who are chosen by the people who have some qlue what they are doing(bad english ) but anyways; dose who deside who wins the whole thing are a group of ppl(about 30 i think), and all of them are taken from the jurys in all the different genres, so in other words you have maybe two in that group who really like/know about metal.. so then, they just choose the one they have heard about, or the one that does not sound THAT much noisy.
It is idiotic!

Is that stupid or what?! What's the point with this if
people who don't care for this kind of music decides
who's winning?!

Originally posted by Mammon
Dimmu Borgir won...

I'm glad.

I think their last album was quite amazing - and current awards are for current work. Good for them - and a tiny piece of pie in the face of all you Dimmu haters :D

actually, I think they played borknagar while showing who won best metal..
that says it all
Emperor should have won anyways, and also gotten the honourprice. that would have been nifty.

Hahahahaha.....there is always a lot of fuzz about the Norwegian Grammy for best metal/hard rock......it seems like the jury never has any clue about the good records anyway, so I wouldn't take this price very seriously......and this year Satyr (of Satyricon, off corpse) refused to be on the show.....he was supposed to be one of the guys giving the awards to the winners.........
Conclusion: Norway has some of the best metal bands around, but the music business doesn't seem to have a clue......let's stay underground!!!

Lets not be too rash here. Sure Emperor released a fantastic album, much better than Borknagar's. But the new Dimmu Borgir really is quite incredible, and I suppose they received, for once, the recognition they deserve.

Personally I feel PEM is a better album than Prometheus.