Nosferatu

FUBAR

Sep 19, 2004
UK
As you all probably would have noticed, Mikael has been wearing his Nosferatu t-shirt in a lot of the 'Ghost Reveries' promo photos. I recently watched my dvd of the film (directed by Werner Herzog in 79) and noticed that it has many similarities to Opeth. The films content is incredibly dark (classic vampire tale) yet the subject matter has been delt with in a mature manner...much like the way Opeths new album deals with an almost cliche' metal theme with maturity and thought.Furthermore the film is shot in a very beautifully manner and this helps you see the beauty in its darkness...much like Opeths music conveys its darkness in a stylish and even elegant way.

I dunno why I have just wrote this but I just found it kinda interesting...

'79? I thought that it was wayyyyy older? Just googled it, and the original, that features on the shirts, is an image from the 1922 movie.

It's completely silent, wobbly and clicky. I haven't watched it in awhile, but from what I remember I started out laughing at it, and ten minutes in I was watching it intently.

So I can't comment really, I haven't seen that version that you speak of.

Oh count Orlock... so evil

^ The image on mikes shirt is the dvd cover for the 79 film. The 1922 original is pretty cool but herzogs masterpiece blows it away...in my opinion

Mikael's shirt is clearly the 1979 version. And yes, it's much better than the original.

I think Mikael is obsessed with Popul Vuh who did the soudntrack to that film, they use some of the music from the soundtrack on the Lamentations DVD for example... if you can find the soundtrack it's very good...