|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0--||

It sounds like it should be more like this:

|-----------------|-----------------|------------------------------------||
|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------------------------o||
|-----------------|-----------------|------------------------------------||
|-4-4-4-4-4-6-6-6-|-6-6-7-7-7-7-7-6-|-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-8-8-8-8-8-9-9-9-9--||
|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-|-5-5-5-5-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-o||
|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|-0-0-0-0-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2--||

I know that that's impossible to play, but if you leave those notes as open strings it clashes with the bass (which is definitely playing on the second fret there). What is actually being played there?

Also, when are more tabs going to be finished? I'm really loving the ones that are up and I can't wait for more!

Ah, okay, I actually had to sit here for a while and think this whole thing out! I understand what you're saying now, because the guitars leave the E string droning open, but the bass is playing an F# on the second fret. You are correct about that. Yes, there is a dissonance happening there between that open string on the guitar and the bass note. I have to go back and listen to the disc, but we may have even layered a low F# chord on the guitar there as well. Obviously, like you said, its nearly impossible to play that low F# note while simultaneously playing those higher notes like that, so if there's a guitar hitting that low note, it must've been something we overdubbed on a different track. We tend to like that dissonant shit it seems lol

I've been so busy with things (plus I'm King Procrastinator) that I haven't had time to sit down and tab stuff out completely. Vito is just a tab-writing fool over there LOL
I intend on getting it done soon though, and I will be focusing on some of the older material as well as newer stuff.

i don't know about the way you guys play it, but i kind of recall just sliding up on the two higher strings and leaving off the lowest string for the last 3 chords, and even adding an 8th fret (i believe- not at a guitar right now) on the 4th string after the final chord. that's just me though.

TheNewChupe said:
i don't know about the way you guys play it, but i kind of recall just sliding up on the two higher strings and leaving off the lowest string for the last 3 chords, and even adding an 8th fret (i believe- not at a guitar right now) on the 4th string after the final chord. that's just me though.
Yeah basically that works as well, if the dissonance between that low open E and the fretted F# is too rough sounding for you. I still think that the dissonance sounds cool and I usually let the e string ring out a bit...

BalanceofPower said:
I'll try and do some more this week sometime. I've been pretty busy lately but I'll make some time to do some more tabs. Any requests?
YEAH!

In order of want:
1. Intervene (I figure you probably don't know this one though, so...)

1. Torn
2. Within My Flesh
3. The Spirit Seed
4. Harmony Divine

wankerness said:
YEAH!

In order of want:
1. Intervene (I figure you probably don't know this one though, so...)

1. Torn
2. Within My Flesh
3. The Spirit Seed
4. Harmony Divine
Well I know within my flesh and harmony divine. I know most of Spirit Seed but not all so I will have to team up with Larry sometime and learn Torn and the rest of Spirit Seed. I will get started on Within... and Harmony... tonight so hopefully by the weekend they can be up on the site.

"Torn", sweet jeez I don't know if I recall all of that one! We never played it live, just at rehearsals and of course in the studio....That song was definitely Eric's baby, he'd probably be best to help you on that one....but alas, he sits there in his abode, drinking his fine beers, watching football, thinking about magic biscuits....so I don't know what kind of help he'll be!! hehe

I can work on "Spirit Seed" however, that was mainly one of my tunes, and I'd like for the rest of the band to learn it again anyhow. It's hard to do some of these songs that have female verses in it without a permanent female vocalist, but I'd love to give that song a shot on stage someday. "Within My Flesh" and "Harmony Divine" are both regular mainstays of our live set anyhow, so those should be coming soon.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
"Torn", sweet jeez I don't know if I recall all of that one! We never played it live, just at rehearsals and of course in the studio....That song was definitely Eric's baby, he'd probably be best to help you on that one....but alas, he sits there in his abode, drinking his fine beers, watching football, thinking about magic biscuits....so I don't know what kind of help he'll be!! hehe
Shit, I really want to know how to play that one, especially...I think that might be my favorite part of the album, and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite song (well, besides maybe Broken or The Lifeless Silhouette). Sorry to say that if you didn't write it! Haha...magic biscuits eh?

Hah, yeah actually I didn't write that one, that's Eric's baby, like I said. I can probably remember how to play it if I sit down and work on it. It's really not too complicated, just a lot of changes.