NOTB - Best album of the last 60 years!

True, but it does have their two most iconic songs, so is probably the most memorable to the casual fan. And Maiden during the 80s was actually getting chart success for singles in the UK, something they couldn't achieve anywhere else.

Although it's kind of freaky that Iron Maiden's only #1 in England was Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter, a song that makes Freedom Call look serious.

The fact that Oasis and Adele are even in the top 10 is a travesty. No Black Sabbath? No Led Zeppelin? No Deep Purple? No UFO

IMO LZ-IV, UFO - Lights Out, Deep Purple - Machine Head, Black Sabbath - BLack Sabbath or Paranoid could have made a case for top 10.

I think there's a tendency by some on this board to immediately resort to Pop = Bad and must be made fun of. That Oasis album really is solid, even if it's not my cup of tea. Great performance by the musicians involved and some damn fine songs. I would hesitate on the Adele album only because it hasn't been given a chance to prove it's staying power.

Oh, I don't have anything against pop....I love stuff like Tracy Chapman, her first release was incredible. In fact I really liked a couple of the songs from Oasis. Champange Supernova, Don't Look Back in Anger and Wonderwall were all great songs....I just didn't think the album was worthy of a Top 10 finish.

I completely agree with your assessment of the Adele CD. Good release, but only been out a year so hard to compare it to something that's been out 20-30 years.

In hindsight I should have explained my disagreement with the list instead of trashing it. To pick 10 releases from the UK in the past 60 years would be a daunting task in itself

By the way, I think that Powerslave ranks right up there with the best of the Beast IMO:kickass: