Nov 4 - election day - NO POLITICAL REPLIES

HobbesDawg

Stuck in Utah
Sep 16, 2003
Salt Lake City, UT
[size=+1]Please, I ask all of you to have the courtesy and good taste to post no political commentary, comments etc. Just take this for what it is, a gentle reminder![/size]

Just remember November 4th is election day in the US. Get out and vote for whatever you feel is right, whatever side of whatever fence you sit on.

This post brought to you by Hobbes - who one time forgot about election day completely while in college - no joke :yow:

I've honestly seen more press coverage of the US elections than I did about the last general election in the UK.

Out of curiosity, do you guys get bombarded with it when we have a change in government/puppets over here in good ol Blighty?

So lets have a good turn out USA, show the rest of the world that its good to vote.

This post was brough to you by Timewarrior2001 who is sitting at work at 07:15 thinking he should really be pretending to work for as long as his boss pretends he is well paid for it.

I don't quite understand the point of this post. What are you afraid of? Why are we not aloud to post political opinions of an election that the world is watching? Are you worried someone may state an opinion contrary to yours?

Very strange how Americans are so hell bent on freedom for all, but do so much to censor freedom.

A mature attitude would be to not be offended by others opinions, whether democrat or republican or whatever one may feel. But to accept it as ones view, even if it doesn't coincide with your own. There is a diplomatic and respectful way to discuss politics.

I remember growing up in primary school learning how we need to respect what anyone believes in. It seems that this viewpoint, which used to be known as "The American Way", is becoming lost, because people liek you, are so afraid of disagreements. Even more fear if someone, god forbid, has a different opinion of you. Wake up and learn to honor all viewpoints, whether or not they are PC or what you view as correct. Unless of course you want a world of robots.

I don't quite understand the point of this post. What are you afraid of? Why are we not aloud to post political opinions of an election that the world is watching? Are you worried someone may state an opinion contrary to yours?

Very strange how Americans are so hell bent on freedom for all, but do so much to censor freedom.

More because this board is not for the espousing of political messages. I believe it's explicitly mentioned in the forum rules. :)

I'm all for discussion of political views. That's what Live Journal is for...heh.

I don't quite understand the point of this post. What are you afraid of? Why are we not aloud to post political opinions of an election that the world is watching? Are you worried someone may state an opinion contrary to yours? ...........................................

Well, from my experience on these boards there are a few individuals who apparently mistake the art of debate and freedom of expression with poking prodding and egging people on to argue instead of having a "mature" discussion. That is not welcome here. I would consider this more of a preventive measure as opposed to a fear of a contradictory opinion. There are plenty of other avenues online to debate as you seem to desire on this topic.

Did you vote? :)

I was watching the news Sunday and folks were lined up for 5-6 hours to "vote early". Hell I got better stuff to do on the weekend. :)

Gonna go tonight and wait 5-10 minutes at my polling place.

Tomorrow is the one thing all Americans regardless of political bend celebrate, NO MORE CAMPAIGN CRAP! :loco:

I am so tired of the, "my opponent is the spawn of Satan" commercials. Tomorrow the year or so respite begins.

Jim

Well, from my experience on these boards there are a few individuals who apparently mistake the art of debate and freedom of expression with poking prodding and egging people on to argue instead of having a "mature" discussion. That is not welcome here. I would consider this more of a preventive measure as opposed to a fear of a contradictory opinion. There are plenty of other avenues online to debate as you seem to desire on this topic.

Thanks Linda :) Very elloquent!

And myself, I'm off to vote right after work! Yippy!

oh yes! No more ads on tv, robocalls (my number is unlisted so thankfully I didn't get any, but my parents were getting calls at ALL hours), election coverage... I can't wait for tomorrow LOL.

I voted... now I'm off to the gym!

oh yes! No more ads on tv, robocalls (my number is unlisted so thankfully I didn't get any, but my parents were getting calls at ALL hours), election coverage... I can't wait for tomorrow LOL.

We still have to endure "The Night of the Talking Heads" though. ;)

Jim

Yeah I understand its a metal board and its off topic, but a fear and a warning to not discuss anything political seems unnecessary. All of us are from countries that value freedom and would should honor differences of opinions, instead of always wanting others to think exactly like us, or they get censored. Not really the best lessons to teach our children.

Yeah I understand its a metal board and its off topic, but a fear and a warning to not discuss anything political seems unnecessary. All of us are from countries that value freedom and would should honor differences of opinions, instead of always wanting others to think exactly like us, or they get censored. Not really the best lessons to teach our children.

An off the cuff remark, intended to be humour can spark a huge row.
So its easier to not do it in the first place.

Makes sense to me, my humour will be a lot different to yours, I may poke fun at the USA in jest, and you may poke fun at the UK, we probably wont see the funny side of each others jokes.

I was going to say some people come across as being DICKS, but you said it better.:saint: