November update

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
there should be 4 second stage band announcements this week. I am sure some will make you scratch your head and some will make many happy. All will be explained in due time.

there is one headliner type to announce still and two lower / mid level slots still.

line up so far....

MAIN STAGE
Steve Grimmet's Grim Reaper
Picture
Hallow's Eve ( classic album set )
Voltax
Night Demon
Axxion
Axemaster
Witches Mark
Argus
Crowhaven
Idolatry ( playing Devastation songs from 3rd album )
Visigoth
Iron Messiah now is Black Death Resurrected...more on that soon.

SECOND STAGE
Seax
Iron Will
Midnite Hellion
Skull Hammer
Possessor
Dogbane

MAIN STAGE
Steve Grimmet's Grim Reaper
Picture
Hallow's Eve ( classic album set )
Voltax
Night Demon
Axxion
Axemaster
Witches Mark
Argus
Crowhaven
Idolatry ( playing Devastation songs from 3rd album )
Visigoth
Iron Messiah now is Black Death Resurrected...more on that soon.

The main stage really is a good mix.
I know that more star power is currently being worked on ,and hope it all works out.

What I think needs to happen is a re-promotion of these bands.
So many were booked months ago I had completely forgotten about them (IE - Visigoth, Voltax, Crowhaven, etc).

As we know, the announcement excitement last an evening on FB and is then pretty much forgotten.

Maybe you and Odin need to start each week highlighting one specific band. Every day or every other day post a clip of that band. Almost force the FB followers to check out the band.

I am sure there are many bands on this bill who many have never heard.
I know this is done with the initial announcment but it can't hurt to keep pushing it.

I know you despise the festival due to its followers, but Prog Power does this all throughout the year, and by fest time a large majority of the attendees are familiar with the bands. Granted, I know there are more bands at Ragnarokkr, but I think it's your guys duty to help hype the bands a bit more and put them in the faces (well computer screens) of potential attendees.

I know its easy enough for folks to check stuff out, but I think with this lineup it may require some spoon feeding.

thanks for the info. We did this last year and it worked out. It isnt rocket science. I have been sick for two weeks thus having no time for internet stuff. Plus trying to get bands for the second stage took all my time. You will see a lot of pushing soon.

Wasn't trying to insult your efforts, and I know it isn't rocket science.

Still, it hasn't been happening.

It's moreso an issue this year with so many newer bands that many who may come may not know about. This year there were a good number of already known bands. That's the main difference.

rumor is today we will see some new bands added...all second stage ones...I think we have 5.

Rumor also has it this was Odin at home last night:
drunk.png

Cool, all I will say is best way to help with this is for no one to get all defensive off the bat.

Be firm about the bands chosen.
No one's business as to why a band was chosen or not.

Nothing worse than a band annoucement (for any fest) which is followed with a day of defending it.