Now make this HUGE! I dare you!

It's pretty cool song but the cloudy guitars are my biggest concern here. Rework those rhythm guitars. There's a lot of crap in the mids. After that I would rework the SD2 kick, so it doesn't have that awful click left. Then I'd work on the velocities on the cymbals and hihat.

I think you'd be better off by starting the mix from scratch and following some general guidelines for metal music.

Kick: 4-5db at 70hz, -9db at 300-400hz with a narrow Q, leave the top end as is
Snare: for more body: 2-3 db shelf at 200hz,
for more crack: 3-4 db at 5khz and or 8khz
Compress these with a ratio of about 4-5:1, 50ms attack, 50ms release
Overheads: cut everything above 100hz, high shelf at 12khz about 3-4 db
Toms: low shelf 2-3 db at 150hz for body and sustain, cut 4-5 db with a narrow Q at 350-400hz, maybe add 2-3db at 5khz, compress the same as above.
Keep your gain reduction while compressing to about 4-5db
Add room mic to tase (this is like salt: too much and it'll ruin your mix. Too little and it'll sound lifeless).

Guitars: get a good, balanced tone when recording, guitars really don't like EQ. Also, do NOT compress them at all. From the sound of your current mix, they could use a wide Q cut of about 2-3 db at 700-800hz, don't go overboard with it though.Also, try adding about 2-3 db in the 3.5khz region, with a wide Q. Maybe add some presence in the 8k region too.

Bass: cut -9db at 70hz, with the narrowest possible Q. This is to make room for the bass drum. Then cut 4-5 db at 350-400 hz, and add some grit at 800-900hz (2-3 db with a medium Q should do the trick. If not, route the bass to another channel, highpass at 600hz and distort the living fuck out of it).

There's your basic instrumental metal mixing guidelines. Remember this will not work for every song, and might not work for yours. For vocals, post another mix and we'll have a listen and guide you some more.
Keep practising and, while you're at it, have fun!

Just so you guys know, there is no eq or any thing on any of this. Just a vocal verb bus, a compressor on vox bus and a parallel compression track for drums, oh and a snare verb bus. This is all that I have done mix wise, and set levels I guess.

So if I was to say that these are the drum sounds that the drummer decided on, what would you do?

slap the drummer and give him a good shaking. Just kidding, but seriously, he should trust the mixing engineer when making mixing decision. Explain to him that drums the sound good on their own will probably not sound good in a mix situation.

I always start up SD2 (I replaced the kick and snare) and click on the default kick and I'm like "that's not half bad," but then remember it sounds like complete ass and doesn't cut through at all in the mix.