Now mastering, fireball real drums. Any bristling mistakes?

MetalMiller

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2008
Hesse Germany
www.youtube.com
After months of beeing undecided:loco: with the mix of this band, i´m fairly satisfied with the overall sound. But now i really need ot get a last second opinion to sleep well. All recorded trough a terratec phase 88 rack fireface, cheap t.bone mics on toms and even cheap behringer on OH´s (snare and kick replaced). Vocals were done with a mxl990, and guitars are an unusual mix between a sm57 straight and a sm58 angled. Bass is DI-signal trough steinberg virtual bassist. Every comment is very welcome... :worship:

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/929252/DEFO Dispatching 2 (M).mp3

After months of beeing undecided:loco: with the mix of this band, i´m fairly satisfied with the overall sound. But now i really need ot get a last second opinion to sleep well. All recorded trough a terratec phase 88 rack fireface, cheap t.bone mics on toms and even cheap behringer on OH´s (snare and kick replaced). Vocals were done with a mxl990, and guitars are an unusual mix between a sm57 straight and a sm58 angled. Bass is DI-signal trough steinberg virtual bassist. Every comment is very welcome... :worship:

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/929252/DEFO Dispatching 2 (M).mp3

The overallsound is very good, the riffing is a bit too simple IMO. But I like the classic Metal influences..very oldschool, dude :headbang: Vocals reminds me a bit of Tom Angelripper (in a positive way)..vocals could also be a bit louder! The song is very long..maybe cut it a bit?

Hey thanks dude! I know it´s one of the simpler songs, but i picked it because of the solo part wich is the loudest part on the whole album. Vocals a bit quiet i recognized after mastering. I´ve heard the one or other of your stuff on this forum, and it was always awesome. So i´m really glad you like it. Danke, Angelripper ist eh der geilste:kickass:... hahaha

I would arrange more compact sometimes! A bit more tension. Make people curious to what happens next in the song! Nevertheless I really like the production and the oldschool vibe. Very clear and good sounding overall sound. Congrats, mate! How did you produce the drums?

Ja aus Deutschland... About the Drums, on the Kickdrum track i used a mix of fear factory, pantera, and brainkick samples and matched it to exodus kick on the atrocity album till it sounded right. Snare are maybe three samples. A mix of LSD alestorm, behindert once posted and dauntsnare i believe. Nothing special on toms EQ and a bit compression. L1 to keep the snare and toms tight, bit eq (HP for sure) and comp. on OH´s. All send to a bus with C4, and Rcomp. with the loud and proud preset for paralell compression. Freeverb2 on snare, and Lexicon L960 Impulse on OH`s. That´s all i remember at the moment. Later i can upload any screenshots and/or drumsamples if you want.

Ja aus Deutschland... About the Drums, on the Kickdrum track i used a mix of fear factory, pantera, and brainkick samples and matched it to exodus kick on the atrocity album till it sounded right. Snare are maybe three samples. A mix of LSD alestorm, behindert once posted and dauntsnare i believe. Nothing special on toms EQ and a bit compression. L1 to keep the snare and toms tight, bit eq (HP for sure) and comp. on OH´s. All send to a bus with C4, and Rcomp. with the loud and proud preset for paralell compression. Freeverb2 on snare, and Lexicon L960 Impulse on OH`s. That´s all i remember at the moment. Later i can upload any screenshots and/or drumsamples if you want.

Thanks for the information, dude :kickass: I appreciate it. Did you programm the drums or is it real played and replaced? Ich hab zu sehr auf den Gesamtsound geachtet :)

I used drumagog to turn the kick and snare into midi, and than vice versa to audio. Do not ask my why, think it was easier to edit/quantize. Maybe this creates a pogrammed feeling. Toms, HH and OH are real. By the way the Drumsamples.

PS: Kicksample is a furious bitch that needs some notch around 90-100Hz evtl.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/929252/METALMILLER DRUMSAMPLES.rar

Thanks, dude :headbang: highly appreciated. Check my drumsound, if you find time. Maybe we can exchange some drum recording experience. I ususally replace kick and snare as well. Real recorded toms and overheads in addition to it.