New Engl Fireball Real Drums Clip

MetalMiller

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2008
Hesse Germany
www.youtube.com
After posting clips of the drums and moderate guitar tracks, here are my first mix with new recorded guitars and bass. B.C Rich with SD SH-13 direct into Fireball trough an engl 4x12 greenbacks straight cab. Double tracked with two mics, sm57 straight and sm58 angled. Plug-ins were C4 (Sneap), some EQ and paralell comp. with just the loud and proud preset of R-comp. On bass i tried behinderts tip and used steinberg warp vst on the DI-track and it sounds really nice. Is this an fairly good tone? Please give me feedback!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7419347&q=hi

Hmm, something about the tone isn't doing it for me, though I can't really put my finger on what; I guess I would say it seems too scooped, cuz it's full enough and has a fair amount of fizz (the good kind) and cut. Also, the snare is a bit too snappy for my tastes, could use a shelf cut from maybe 6k on IMO! And the kick seems to sound good, though needs to come up a bit. Cymbals work pretty well, not much to say there (thought the hat could come up, but if you can't adjust it individually, I think you could get away with bringing up all the OH's) Keep it up dude!

Thanks man. The scooped sound, is what the band wanted (and they wanted it much more scooped) but i could persuade them not to overdo this. They want to sound like Grave and old Death Albums,but i think it doesen`t work well on those melodic stuff. About the snare its my problem child and i´m sick of working on it. Can try your advice but i´m really pissed off! Anyway thanks!!!

The guitars sound a bit harsh to me but you've done a great job with the drums, I really like the kick.