Now Playing

No, wasnt trying to start a war, I heard so much about thier disc, picked it up and it was very generic and dull. I think if Chuck was still alive this would not as be as popular as it is.

Popular?
I think the same amount of people that bought "Sound Of Persevearence" bought this album.
Generic? Like what? If you say that it sounds like a Death album then I agree, but there;s nothing generic about that.

Popular?
I think the same amount of people that bought "Sound Of Persevearence" bought this album.
Generic? Like what? If you say that it sounds like a Death album then I agree, but there;s nothing generic about that.

Death are very generic. I know that they got all tech in the 90's but every track I heard from those disc were very dull and went nowhere. back in the 80's Death were fresh, no one at the time really sounded like that. But after 10,000 bands doing the same thing....it gets very flat and stale, even when you are the inovators of that sound. Same goes for any genre actually.

I picked up the Control Denied disc a few years back and expected this masterpiece due to all the talk about it always. I was really let down by the disc. Just kinda flat and the vocals were not very good, even after everyone hypes up Pharoh all the time. that singer has turned me off from picking up any of thier disc.

I loved both Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy when they first came out. I was very indifferent to anything I heard after those two. I am not really into technical death metal though. I have tried to go back and listen to some of the material from their later albums, and it just didn't do it for me.

In response to Bob calling Death generic, I think it sounds generic to you because you aren't really into death metal, esp tech death, too much.

I mean, I am not into black metal, and to me, whenever I hear it, it sounds generic. Though a more seasoned black metal fan would be able to argue why a certain band is more than just "generic"

No, wasnt trying to start a war, I heard so much about thier disc, picked it up and it was very generic and dull. I think if Chuck was still alive this would not as be as popular as it is.

I dont like Death and coming from an Elvenking fan I don't think you're allowed to criticize!

Jasonic: Sorry, that would be 'no'.

Pate: I was wondering what it is that some people don't like about Control Denied. I wasn't sure if it was the music, the vocals, or the message. I thought it might be the latter, so thanks for clearing that up for me. :heh:

Edit: oops. rms beat me to it.