Now Playing

You just thought Lars was hot. ;)

The voices in your head are saying...."Go get me some Dunkin Donuts."
Annnnnnnnd go.........

Haha, though I'd like to say that it really wasn't the case. Dale had played me some Manticora at the Memorial BBQ I believe and I was surprised how heavy their sound was. :)

Funny you mention donuts. The Long Grove Apple Festival is this weekend and I hear their apple donuts are to die for. :loco:

NP (on the radio): Easy Lover - Phil Collins

Haha, though I'd like to say that it really wasn't the case. Dale had played me some Manticora at the Memorial BBQ I believe and I was surprised how heavy their sound was. :)

Funny you mention donuts. The Long Grove Apple Festival is this weekend and I hear their apple donuts are to die for. :loco:

NP (on the radio): Easy Lover - Phil Collins

See....we're already starting to convert you.

Mmm.....apple donuts.......
*drools*

NP: Dark Moor - The Silver Key

Amber: Ok, I think I will.

Rachel: Truth is stranger than fiction. :)

PS: I don't think I've gone to Long Grove's Apple Festival before but Quig's orchard in Mundelein is the place to go for apple milkshakes and other seasonal goodies. :kickass:

NP: Circle II Circle - Watching in Silence

I did have an apple cinnamon milkshake at Long Grove yesterday. It was sooooooo good! I looked up Quig's and found some sad news!

http://www.maplewoodgolfcourse.com/index.cfm?pageid=orchard

Oh wow! I guess I haven't been there in a couple years. I did drive by it about 6-8 months ago and it was still there, but it looked like housing developments would encroach sooner than the golf course. Damn! I remember running through those fields when I was kid growing up in that area. Sad news indeed. :erk:

I suppose I'll have to check out the Long Grove apple cider milkshakes then.

Thanks for the 411, Rachel.

@ Amber: Nice. I too never grew out of the whole pumpkin thing. I go to a farm every year! Did research on a bunch last night. I like to go a little bit out of the way to avoid mass crowds as much as possible. Plus it gives me a break from getting recognized. :cool:

@ Rebecca: Sad indeed! The actual festival in Long Grove was only this weekend, but I have no doubts that all the goodies will be available through the whole season. :)

NP: Night Eternal - Moonspell

Rachel: Alrighty then, thanks for the further info. If not, there's always next year.

Oh, and there's also Johansen Farms in Bolingbrook.

http://www.johansenfarms.com/

http://www.eyesoffyr.com/media/fotos/nature/fauna/livestock/index.shtml

I posted some pics of JF here in another thread but it's probably a broken link now. Maybe I'll fix it. :D

NP: Circle II Circle - The Middle of Nowhere (Greeeaaaat disc!)

Great pics! I used to go to Johansen Farms a lot...before they moved their location! Lived in Bolingbrook for 9 years. It was always a lot of fun. :)

NP (on the radio): Separate Ways - Journey

NP (on the radio): Separate Ways - Journey

Some day love will find you! Break those chains that bind you!

Ha Ha! That video cracks me up....total '80's cheeseball.
I like when they are in the alley and are pretending to play their instruments, then all of a sudden, the instruments magically appear! Whoa!
And Steve Perry's jeans were so tight, you could almost tell what religion he is.

NP: The Cult - Sweet Soul Sister

Haha. Totally! That is indeed one of the cheesiest videos of that time period.

The tight jeans were classic...though his shirt in this pic is even more disturbing:

26553894.StevePerry2.jpg

He's got boobies! :zombie:

NP (on the radio): Talkin' In Your Sleep - The Romantics