Now Playing

^ Ola, where have you been? I'll be the fool for your love :saint:
I bet you are the only person to jam to BOTH Billy Squier and Rammstein in the same week!
I'm very eclectic or more like erratic when it comes to music. So who knows what I'll be playing, was going to list some hiphop but don't want to wear out my welcome.

NP: Eddie Grant - electric avenue

We can do the innuendo
We can dance and sing

Don Henley - dirty laundry

Elvis Presley - Santa Claus is Back in Town

best Christmas song, evah :)

Nas - Hip Hop is Dead
Nas raps over Iron Butterfly’s In a Gadda da Vida
surreal at the least, the only more bizarre 'mixup' is
Track Daddy - Let's Go
TD raps over OZZY's Crazy Train
read that OZZY wonders why other hip hoppers
don't use more of his and Black Sabbath's music
in their songs???
why ask why -

RN I'm listening 2 The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Electric Ladyland

For those who don't know, Jimi's the Mastah of da Stratocastah

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:

For those who don't know, DAVE MURRAY'S the Mastah of da Stratocastah
This is a joke, right? Maybe not? so here I go ...
Jimi Hendrix ... how can anyone think there is, are, was or ever will be a better MASTER of the STRATOCASTER
than James Marshall Hendrix(born Johnny Allen Hendrix). Jimi has been dead for over 30 years and his music is as relevant as the day he laid it down. And you're saying some has been from Rusted Maiden is worthy of this title :heh:
I could write a zillion words about Hendrix but I'll quote a couple of others who said it much better than I ever could
George Harrison(an underrated guitarist himself)
"Every person whoever picked up a guitar is bound to Earth, but Hendrix is somewhere beyond the Exosphere"
Robert Lockwood Jr (he was taught to play the guitar by his stepfather, Robert Johnson)
I had a conversation with Lockwood at a local BluesFest and asked what he thought of Hendrix, a smile came to his face and he put his hand on his heart and said, "Yes, the best ever".
I've seen Iron Maiden 6x over the years. My God when I first saw them in that late 70s / early 80s they were like some sort of bulldozer rockn' and rolln' over every group playing at the time, they were so are hard hitting that even my johnson was head banging. I was blown away. I saw/heard them 4x back then.
Now here is where the rap breaks down.
Did not see IM again until the late 90s. My thoughts from then are what happened??? Was it an off night, maybe they had jet lag, were the drunk wasted, something has changed. My most vivid memory from that show was when they lost their focus in the middle of a song, stopped(gave up on that song) looked at one another and started playing a different tune.
So this brings us to last year, they have gone downhill even more, they seemed disinterest, going through the motions it all so sad, they should stop playing live. They have fallen into the classic trap of becoming a parody of themselves. DYK or FYI, Spinal Tap is based on Iron Maiden. IM doesn't play heavy metal any longer, they play some sort of shamRock. Will they continue??? Who knows but if they do I see them going from playing stadiums/arenas to the club circuit, then what county fair and ribfests???
The Iron Maiden that I knew and cared about are back in the 1980s where they belong.
So I'll end this with words from Jimi Hendrix, that apply here
"a broom is drearily sweeping up the broken pieces of yesterdays life"

back on topic
np ... WAR - why can't we be friends :)