Nox Aeternum - New release - Instrumental Black Metal

I heard the EP since I got an email about it from bandcamp after purchasing your first album.

The production and mix was good and good song structures on the 2 metal tracks.

The first song seemed to be some kind of arrangment of Scarborough Fair (Was this intentional? Almost identical notes, chord changes and progression) and the synth sounds used seemed totally out of sorts with your previous work and the rest of the EP. The synth bass was way too cheesy sounding. I think anyone who hasn't heard you before or doesn't know what to expect might turn it off it after the first song, anticipating that the rest of the EP will be the same.

Instrumental music doesn't hold my attention for too long, unforuntately. There's too much of it and these days feels very amateur since anyone with a guitar and drum vsti can do it. Some of the riffs on the EP are screaming out for vocal phrases.

I liked your first album a lot more but the two metal songs on this don't have the aggression I like in BM. Although, I am not sure this is even supposed be a BM EP, is it? I don't want to misunderstand the concept and unfairly label your work if that wasn't the intention. this seemed much more progressive with traditional metal elements than your other stuff.

Overall, it's a decent piece of art, professional sounding but it's not something I would listen to often.

I heard the EP since I got an email about it from bandcamp after purchasing your first album.

The production and mix was good and good song structures on the 2 metal tracks.

The first song seemed to be some kind of arrangment of Scarborough Fair (Was this intentional? Almost identical notes, chord changes and progression) and the synth sounds used seemed totally out of sorts with your previous work and the rest of the EP. The synth bass was way too cheesy sounding. I think anyone who hasn't heard you before or doesn't know what to expect might turn it off it after the first song, anticipating that the rest of the EP will be the same.

Instrumental music doesn't hold my attention for too long, unforuntately. There's too much of it and these days feels very amateur since anyone with a guitar and drum vsti can do it. Some of the riffs on the EP are screaming out for vocal phrases.

I liked your first album a lot more but the two metal songs on this don't have the aggression I like in BM. Although, I am not sure this is even supposed be a BM EP, is it? I don't want to misunderstand the concept and unfairly label your work if that wasn't the intention. this seemed much more progressive with traditional metal elements than your other stuff.

Overall, it's a decent piece of art, professional sounding but it's not something I would listen to often.

Thanks for the reply man. I appreciate that you have actually listened to this and given an opinion that is meaningful. The first song IS an arrangement of Sarborough Fair. I love Simon and Garfunkel and I think that song has a really cool atmosphere to it. I wasn't trying so much to make something that was Black Metal, as much as something that would have longer songs with "ups" and "downs". Initially I wanted to do vocals on this but I've been wrapped up in other projects so I figured I would put this out as an instrumental album for now. Thanks for checking it out dude!

Ah that explains it! I wasn't sure about the SF cover (which is actually an old English folk song, not an S&G original, if you didn't know the origin) since it wasn't exactly the same but extremely similar. I did actually listen again yesterday and am listening again now in more detail and enjoying it more than the first run. I hear some Enslaved aspects from around the Isa album!

Is Isa a good Enslaved album? I've honestly never really listened to them but everyone tells me I would like it....

yeah it's pretty OK. They aren't my favourite band but I prefer their early stuff to the newer works. ISA sits somewhere in the middle, I guess. Check out "bounded by allegiance" for some glorious harmony and melody work.

yeah it's pretty OK. They aren't my favourite band but I prefer their early stuff to the newer works. ISA sits somewhere in the middle, I guess. Check out "bounded by allegiance" for some glorious harmony and melody work.

Cool. Will do!