NP

Really? Clayman over Colony and TJR? Interesting.

But that was the tour where I first saw you, Warrell. They were touring behind Clayman, you had DHiaDW and you had Shadows Fall along for openers. Saw you at The Key Club in LA on a chilly December night in 2000.

Lately I've been playing Nevermore POE, still is a rifftastic freight train of metal goodness. Even after all these years.
Also playing the heck out of Flotsom and Jetsom The Cold. Some really great songs on that and AK's voice is super cool.

Clayman isn't my favorite IF album by any means, but it does have some great songs and cool melodies and hooks. Unfortunately that band went downhill for me pretty fast after that, but everything up to that point was basically flawless, especially Whoracle. What a wonderful album that one is.

Anyways, it's nostalgia day for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clayman isn't my favorite IF album by any means, but it does have some great songs and cool melodies and hooks. Unfortunately that band went downhill for me pretty fast after that, but everything up to that point was basically flawless
yep

been rocking the shit out of Enslaved all week, especially Vikingligr Veldi (as i am now)

Clayman isn't my favorite IF album by any means, but it does have some great songs and cool melodies and hooks. Unfortunately that band went downhill for me pretty fast after that, but everything up to that point was basically flawless, especially Whoracle. What a wonderful album that one is.

I know, it's sad. At least with Metallica we know why they went downhill (the accident. Face it, more than just Cliff died on that road in Sweden). In Flames had no real trauma that sucked the life out of them, unless you count Jesper losing his marbles.

But as I've said in other places, bands only have a peak of 5-7 years. Then they lose it. Some get a second wind, but most don't.

They all do for second wind - make a major way but not a major label in this 21st centuyry, just the fans are brutal and move on not like country music fans who will stay thick and thin....

Tell that to Immolation.

Or even Nevermore.

Not a fan of Immolation so I wouldn't know. But for Nevermore, they had a six year peak: 1999/DNC to 2005/TGE. Before that was a buildup. After that was a long hiatus, a so-so record and then disbandment.

Yeah but santuary and nevermore were and are cult bands
Ithink of thrm like toma films hahahah