NUCLEAR ASSAULT show review 1/10/03

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD

BRINGER OF TORTURE
May 20, 2002
Rhode Island, USA
Visit site
NUCLEAR ASSAULT was in Bradford, MA Friday night to kick off their tour. They are supporting their new upcoming release "Alive Again" which was recorded in Attleborro, MA and will be released through Screaming Ferret Wreckords in about a month.

For it only being the new guitarist (Erik)'s 2nd show (the first was in Brazil recently) he fit in perfectly and they sounded killer!
John Connelly's voice is as powerful if not more so than ever before.
Glenn Evans is an absolute fucking powerhouse on the drums.
Theres never been a doubt in my mind he is one of the absolute best!
I met up before the show with Danny Lilker and Erik and had a blast!
If this show comes to YOUR town, you better be there...or else!

They blazed through a quick set as follows:

RISE FROM THE ASHES
BRAINWASHED
NEW SONG
CRITICAL MASS
GAME OVER
BUTT FUCK
JUSTICE
SIN
BETRAYAL
FIGHT TO BE FREE
WHEN FREEDOM DIES
WAKE UP
TRAIL OF TEARS
MY AMERICA
HANG THE POPE
LESBIANS
TECHNOLOGY

Fat set list. :headbang: But I am bummed that there is no F# and survive. oh well, maybe they'll mix it up a bit when they hit the west coast. :headbang:

From the looks of this board (and past NA threads), I think it's just gonna be me and you hittin this tour. BTW, did Danny like the hippy lettuce you brought him??

Hey Driftwood, don't miss these guys at BBB on Jan 31 :headbang:

Yeah this board is quite PATHETIC when it comes to old school bands.
Not one person (aside fom you of course) even commented on this thread, its pretty discouraging and nausiating to say the least.
WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I couldnt get the primo lettuce I wanted to bring so I just brought up some decent commercial stuff. We had a blast!

I will be at the show on Thursday night @ The Knitting Factory in Hollywood. Anyone else going from the board????? Creamatorium is also playing . THEY RULE !!!

They were amazing tonight in Phoenix along with our hometown Vehemence which made for a killer show!!

Nuclear assault showed no signs of losing the killer energy they had in the past!! awesome!! Now if I can see death angel and voivod this year, I will be a happy person!!

Thanks for the info on how they sound. I'll be seeing them tomorrow in Seattle. I would go regardless, but knowing they kicked ass will make sure my ass is there tomorrow.

It was an honor to tour with Nuclear Assault in the six day trek we did with them in TX and NM. Dan and Erik kept it real at every show and had good spirit.

Richard Hoak, which I found out works for Relapse and is in Brutal Truth and Total Fucking Destruction, he later told me that he had a split with Vehemence from the UK, and he said that they were a grindcore band, of course I already researched on this and knew this.

John Connely, bought me a beer and seemed to buy singer a crap load of them. Everyone got along well and they have taught me a lession in badd ass brutal thrash. I think the best show we all agreed on for sound and crowd wise, was Austin TX at the Backroom...

I was at the Dallas show and it kicked ass. MOst of the opening bands were shit though. A local band called Legion was bad as fuck, old school speed metal shit. Sadly NA played a short set I guess cuz of all the bands they had that night.